[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Mounting lights HELP!

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    Looks pretty good right?!
    Attachment 9611
    Looks great!!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

I'm not getting any colored cone areas at all Do the type of optics play a part in this?

Then again I'm only at 15% & 30% & Lunars @10% at night.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

Of course the optics do. Usually on these fixtures the colors have the same optics as the rest of the LEDs, which means each of the colors is going to cover the same area as the blue that is next to it. The blues outnumber those colors many to 1. There is no way that the colors will cover an area any greater then a single blue or a single white with the same optic on it, so I added the frosted tape, which made those colors cover a greater area, of course at a lesser PAR, but that is not of concern in this case.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

@Poseidon , can you give me any advice on how best to run these lights? I don't wanna get discouraged because I don't fully understand how to use them correctly.

I've transferred all my coral from my 26g, all were being kept under 4x24w T5HO.

Now they are all on the SB 25" from the LED's. Channel 1 @15% & channel 2 @30 & channel 3@10% at night. Am I doing wrong? The hours are pretty much how I ran the T5's.

Channel 1 on at 10am off at 5pm
    Channel 2 on at 9am off at 8pm
    Channel 3 on at 8pm off at 11pm

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

That sounds like a good starting point. Your fixture is very similar to my old one, I can tell you that at 70% Blue, and 40% White I was hitting 300 par at 11" Deep in my tank. (Directly below the fixture.)

Really, as with any light change, you are going to have to watch the corals and adjust. If your Zoa's are stretching, add 5-10% to both channels, if they are squat/closed dial it back.

Any chances of borrowing a PAR meter?

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

No Zoa except for the ones riding on my Urchins back-lol-they look pretty dang good too!

No par meter. Checked with our club & they don't have one.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2