[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

New Stand for new equipment

Bookmark and Share
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2 3 4 5 Last
    CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Thanks, Tom.

PM Sent.
    Dislikes caveman disliked this post

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by creefer View Post
    I know...everyone needs a pic update. It's been since last Sunday since I've had a chance to work on this. We've had some challenges with the family lately that have consumed most of my free time. This has been going on for a little over a month. Consequently, my tank is suffering big time.

I have some stock that needs a temporary home, so if any local reefers are interested in helping out, please PM and I'll give you some details.

TIA.
    Chris-

I have an almost empty tank that has plenty of room, if you need somewhere for your corals to be held for a while. Its a 50B w/ 2 damsels and a colony of candy canes. Stable and running for 2 months. light by 250w of MH lighting.

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Chris,

Thanks!

What's your schedule like next weekend? I'm more than happy to pay the favor back with some coral. The trachy I have is pretty sick, as are the favias. All grown from frags, too.
    Likes Sir Patrick liked this post

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

No pics. Stand hasn't seen much progress as I've been super busy with work.

Big shout out to Sir Patrick!! He stopped by today to give a home to my livestock until I'm able to get back on line.

Thanks!!

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by creefer View Post
    No pics. Stand hasn't seen much progress as I've been super busy with work.

Big shout out to Sir Patrick!! He stopped by today to give a home to my livestock until I'm able to get back on line.

Thanks!!
    Nicely done Sir P!

Chris, I got the PM yesterday but hadn't had time to respond. Do you still need my help?

Tom

First Name
    Chris

Everything seems to be settling in very nicely Chris. The Acan Echinata was very angry with the move, but is settling down. The wrasse quickly disapeared into the sand. Everything else is right at home it seems-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWrY...ature=youtu.be

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Tom@HaslettMI View Post
    Nicely done Sir P!

Chris, I got the PM yesterday but hadn't had time to respond. Do you still need my help?

Tom
    Tom,

Thanks again. I'm good right now. Sir Patrick has everything that made it through my mess. I appreciate the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Patrick View Post
    Everything seems to be settling in very nicely Chris. The Acan Echinata was very angry with the move, but is settling down. The wrasse quickly disapeared into the sand. Everything else is right at home it seems-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWrY...ature=youtu.be
    Thanks for sharing this! The echinata does look ****ed, but it will bounce back. That thing has been through **** and it keeps on going. I really appreciate your help, Chris.

Thanks again!

Once things settle for both of us, we'll have to hit a local watering hole now that you're right down the street.

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Man....this weather is messing up my stand build. Maybe I need to heat the garage......

In any case, the more I talk with the wife, the more confused I get about the next tank. She liked the cube better than the rimless 40B. It has me thinking of getting a 93 cube. It works on the stand I'm building and I like cubes. I would have built a slightly shorter stand if I had known, but fortunately for me, it's an easy situation to deal with considering I don't have the thing done far enough where height changes can't happen.

The other benefit with a 93 cube is that it's much more affordable than a Reef Savvy tank. Once I got the quote from Reef Savvy, I quickly realized that I could have one awesome 93 cube set up for the same price. I'm leaning about 75% in that direction now. If I had the room, I'd doe a 48" x 48" x 16" cube, but alas....I lack the space.

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

A 93 cube would be a nice tank. Is there a rimless option for that size? Once you go rimless you can't go back!

First Name
    Chris

I would do a 90 cube over a 40B anyday, without a though, especially if its the wifes idea!

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2 3 4 5 Last