[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Our very own JimsFlies on BRS!

Bookmark and Share
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Our very own JimsFlies on BRS!

Imagine my surprise, I know someone famous!

Edited: http://www.youtube.com/user/BulkReef.../9/F0CzorCknWQ
    Last edited by MizTanks; 02-04-2011 at 08:57 AM.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

cg5071 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    chris

I dont see BRS or Jims in there.

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

First Name
    chris

I saw they had frame and screen ect. to build those.
    Yeah the link shows like 4 vids available or something but I think it is linked wrong.

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

First Name
    chris

LOL you ARE cool Jamie

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    BTW- I still have mesh available...
    Jim!! Could you make me one for my bow front? I'll gladly pay for the materials and labor. Please!!! Oh an shipping of course

My last link was longer but it still got ya there-slow and steady right-lol

First Name
    chris

Jimsflies, do you have any good ideas on how to screen off part of a tank w/o it looking ridiculus? My friend wants to just divide her 90 instead of having a 90 and a 20. On one side she needs to keep her cowfish and choco chip stars but she wants to be able to keep a few corals. The cowfish eats polyps(has eaten gsp and xenia) and so will the star (has eaten aptasia/her hubby wanted to keep it,lol).

I was thinking diagonaly so there isnt anything against the front and it only needs to be a corner really. Hopefully it can look nice or decent at the same time. Just want some ideas for the details. I didnt find any plastic screen framing at the hardware.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Not sure how it would look in the long run. I would think it would get coralline and maybe other algae and build up on it. I have 1/2-inch screen that would work if your friend wants to try it.

First Name
    chris

Thanks, will ask if that might work. I have some of the 1/4 in stuff. I didnt think about coraline.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I never realized I actually did get credit for the idea in their video.

Anyway, I contacted BRS and they added a link to CaptiveReefs in the video. I mentioned that I have a thread here with PAR readings since they get quite a few questions about the difference the mesh makes. I will also try to add some additional measurements with other types of lighting (T5, 250 halide, LED, etc.) as the opportunity presents itself.

I'm also hopeful now that I finally have a dialog open with them that we can get BRS on the site as a sponsor. So thanks for posting the video Jamie...even if we don't pick them up as a sponsor, we might get a few more visitors from the video/mesh.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Imagine my surprise when I heard your name Jim come out of his mouth. My first thought? Run an tell Jim! Lol-lol
    Having recently spent a little over $500 with them and with every purchase there was a box for comment...well suffice it to say, they know I'm a happy member of CR.
    WOOT WOOT!

p.s. Just so's ya know-I had 5 boxes to fill out so I cheated-wrote the first one but cut en pasted the odder 4.