[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

reeftechpros led prototype

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    ReefTech - Reefkeeper Moderator

First Name
    Matt
    Awards Wheel Master Award - Helping with run the Frag & Swag wheel at the Michigan Coral Expo & Swap 2014. Yugo Award - For running the CR booth during MCES

a thousand thank yous!!!!!!look forward to coming into the store tomorrow

First Name
    Matt
    Awards Wheel Master Award - Helping with run the Frag & Swag wheel at the Michigan Coral Expo & Swap 2014. Yugo Award - For running the CR booth during MCES

you asked for par readings... and thanks to jeff at reef solutions i was finally able to test my fixture out

light hanging 10" above water
    350@ 1" under water
    185@ 6" under water
    110@ 12" under water
    with a 24" spread from left to right to right. these are the readings and measurments from just one fixture. and the entire tank was covered from front to back in fact it was even overpowering the fixture that jeff had mounted above the tank to begin with.the corals that were under the MH even had better coloration and and colors that you couldnt see with either the t-5's or the MH. jeff was also gracious enough to take soem professional pics of the fixture above one of his tanks and what some of his corals looked like under the blue leds. as soon as he emails me them i will post them to give everyone a better idea of what these fixtures can actually do.

CR Member
    First Name
    John

Looks good Matt! Please keep us updated!

First Name
    Matt

heres the pics jeff took for me...
    IMG 4766 - reeftechpros led prototype
    with the led fixture
    IMG 4765 - reeftechpros led prototype
    without the led fixture
    IMG 4776 - reeftechpros led prototype
    mh's
    IMG 4777 - reeftechpros led prototype
    mh's with led fixture
    IMG 4781 - reeftechpros led prototype IMG 4786 - reeftechpros led prototype IMG 4788 - reeftechpros led prototype IMG 4770 - reeftechpros led prototype53/brotherguns29/IMG_4785.jpg[/IMG] IMG 4784 - reeftechpros led prototype

IMG 4768 - reeftechpros led prototype
    Last edited by ReefTech; 02-10-2012 at 10:24 AM.

ReefWerks - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jonathan

I have to be honest and say this is a kick ** little unit. Kudos.. Ill be watching closely foe updates on this one...

First Name
    Matt

here are some new pics of the lights in their new hanging system....
    IMG 0090 - reeftechpros led prototype
    IMG 0089 - reeftechpros led prototype
    IMG 0088 - reeftechpros led prototype

after talking to store owners, and other reefers, one of the biggest compliments these fixtures get everytime is the amount of coverage they provide for your tank. a lot of people i talked to always said the same thing most led fixtures just didnt provide full coverage of their tanks. mostly the people that build their rockwork against the back of the aquarium which created many "dead" spots along the rock work were they already had placed there coral which can be a pain to have to move everything around again especially if you glued you corals into your rock work. dont get me wrong there are plenty of great led fixtures on the market with good par measurments and good coverage from side to side but the front and back of the tanks still get cast in shadow. all this does is make people shell out more money because they have to buy more fixtures to get the amount of coverage they desire in their tanks. mind you my fixtures dont have a ton of bells and whistles on them but ive always been a straight forward kind of person. your buying leds cause there more cost efficient then replacing bulbs, cooler running temp than MH's,shimmer effect is better, just to name a few reasons. and the most important one is they GROW coral thats all we really care about in the end. thats why when we were designing our fixtures the most important thing we kept in mind was what YOU, the consumer expected out of a fixture. we have great par measurements (thanks again to jeff @ reef solutions) top of the line cree xp-g leds, compact and stylish desing, independent controls for whites and blues, plus a much larger area of coverage for your tank. this way, theres no need to have to rearrange all of you coral/frags when you switch to our fixtures. if you would like to see a live demonstration of these fixtures wether your a store employee/owner or just a consumer just message me and we can set up a time for a demonstration or depending on where you live i may be able to bring a fixture to you so you can see what it looks like over your tank.for more info on our fixtures message me here on the forum or text at (24 420-6486 also check us out on facebook at Reeftechpros and our website Reeftechpros.com ( pardon the dust, were still updating our wesite with pics and info) thanks

thepanfish - Reefkeeper CR Member

These things look awesome in person, and the amount of spread vs. their size is unreal!

WillBattle - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Will
    Awards Photo of the Month

I agree, saw them last night and they are awesome! I am seriously wanting to put on over my 46 gal bow front. Keep me updated on that!

First Name
    Matt

led fixtures are now up for sale!!!! visit reeftechpros.com (still working on it) or on facebook (reeftechpros) one unit is sold but we still have one available. these units start at 200 a piece. contact us at our email address located on our website, facebook, or here on the forums if you have any questions or would like to see the lights in person.especially you die hard metal halide fans, these fixtures provide amazing actinic supplementaion and mount easily to any canopy or ceiling for that manner. easily integratable with your current lighting system these units will provide the extra coverage and intensity that your missing with your t-5's and halides and theyll give all your corals that extra "kick". youll see a whole new side to your corals when exposed to our fixtures.
    Likes WillBattle liked this post

First Name
    Matt

well its official....WillBattle is Reeftechpros first customer!!!! he purchased one of our revolution led fixtures earlier this evening...a BIG thank you goes out to WillBattle for his purchase and us here at Reeftechpros are anxious to see some pics of his tank with his new fixture and to hear his feedback.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last