[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

The Tide Pool Project!

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

Darn you Sarah, gonna make me come up to you and see this bad boy in person next year arn't ya.
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

well it ain't like you haven't been invited! MORE than ONCE kiddo!!
    BTW guess what the daughter got!!! Your gonna love this
    Introducing .... Brisbane the Brindle Pit Bull!! She is a 12wk old blue nose and what cutie!! Dahlia (the boxer mix) loves having a little sister to play with!

Anywho you can come up any old time! lol :D
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Hi my name is sarah, and I've got the Upgrade Bug!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!!!

What a cute pup, I steered away from the pits due to BSL, then I submerged myself in the Am. Bulldogs. I have a thread in the non-reef pet section. Have to get together and talk reef/play with pups soon.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ramoth41
    So I completely forgot about the forum change and posted in the other! so here is a copy and past of what I wrote!! lol
    Join the conversations over here! LOL.

I have been checking to make sure that everyone knows about the move and isn't posting on the old site. I think I am about ready to put the redirect in place, so it will automatically route traffic to here. Just been making sure there isn't anything we need off the old site, because it has to eventually get deleted.

That's quite a project you had going!

So anywho the pond is now in planning stages for next summer! You can come help us anytime you want! Any one close is welcome anytime.. well call first so we can clean :o.. the tank silly ... Right now all the critters are doing just great! We are thinking right now on just how big this thing should be next year!
    For sure it will have to have some UV blocking shade, not our great tarp and maybe hard plumbing in ground. And a flat bottom! We are thinking along the lines of expanding the old pond and incorporating the new via channels. But that's a while from now! But gotta plan this one out way better than the last one! I must say the bucket filter worked great! As soon as we get a bigger sump for the 125 it will be on the tank! Talk about simple to make too! and CHEAP! Gotta love cheap/free in this hobby!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!!!

You should do a thin stream connecting the two ponds with a little wooden bridge going over it, and have the filter pull from the large and return to the small, SPS would probably like the small pond and creek with the flow obviously being stronger their.

Okay now I shut up before your hubby comes down to Canton ot kick me in the.....well you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo22 View Post
    You should do a thin stream connecting the two ponds with a little wooden bridge going over it, and have the filter pull from the large and return to the small, SPS would probably like the small pond and creek with the flow obviously being stronger their.

Okay now I shut up before your hubby comes down to Canton ot kick me in the.....well you get the idea.
    It was his idea!! lol though I came up with the initial pond idea! :D

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Are you setting up the tidepool again this summer?

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

That sure was sweet last year...I am with jim! Gonna do it again?? Would love to see it again!

Hi sorry it's been a while! this winter has been a hard one for us!
    It's still a bit chilly here for the Tide Pool right now and I'm not sure if it's going to be a pond or a tide pool this time. We are still workin on that. It's not in the best place in the yard as we found out last year too much sun made it a bit hot! Even with the tarp for shade. We have been toying with a different set up though. We are thinking about setting up more of a raised pond. using cinder block and RR ties. I saw a FAMA article about setting up somethin like that for tropical fish. Anyway until it warms up some everything is still on hold! But what ever we do do I'll be sure to let ya'll know!

On another note.. I know I told ya'll that my daughter got married to a Marine last Nov? Well looks like Avery (who is now 4 ) will be getting a sister or brother in Dec!! Ahh another little reefer in training!

I'll keep you posted on both fronts!
    sarah

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last