| || || |
01-22-2012, 11:17 AM
All done. Took about 5 hours of soldering, cutting and thinking. Son did most of the thinking. Thanks to Ninjaskillz for the help, especially the tinning process. Made the soldering easy. Followed some youtube how to videos too. The basement is a disaster area, but both are done and ready for installation. I decided to add an additional foot of heat sink to house all the LED's (took your advice to heart, Chameleon). The percussion fan works great and puts out tons more than any small muffin fan I've seen. Son's fixture fit perfectly in his biocube hood. He put in 4 muffin fans for his 78watt fixture and opened up some more vent holes for ventilation. Very clean job and can't wait to see it on his setup. More light than he needs, but he has two dimmers. He also put two 3w UV
led's on another dimmer and transformer for his moonlights. We used his over one section of my 240 and it lit up at least a 4th of it (2') all the way to the bottom with no problem. My 120 watt 6' led worked well on my 135 and the violets really hd the corals. Tomorrow I have to come up with a mounting system and some sort of lense to protect the fixture. Here are a couple of pics after we were done.
Both are dimmed down to almost zero because it washed out the camera when on full and directly at the optics
Both kits including shipping from Hong Kong cost around $300. Aquastyle included extra led's, but not extra wire or wire connectors. The heat sink from Steve's was cheap but the shipping was high.
| || || |
Last edited by Tom Toro; 01-22-2012 at 11:58 AM.