[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

FS: Misc powerheads I don't need

Bookmark and Share

Default FS: Misc powerheads I don't need

I have a couple extras that I need to get rid of. 1 Rio 1100, 1 Aqua Clear 70, and 2 small powerheads from Wal-Mart that I had in a curing bin, and 1 small one (I think made by Aquatic Garden or something like that from Petco).

Rio 1100 (382 GPH) - $15
    Aqua Clear 70 (300 GPH) - $15
    Pair of small powerheads - $10
    Aquatic Garden - $10

We will work out shipping. Buy all of them for $50 and I will cover shipping!

PM me if you need some extra powerheads. -DIRT
    ...I think my fish just farted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our little corner of the www.
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

WtksBlondie104 - Reefkeeper CR Member

I am interested in the power heads. I really dont know how much strength I need, but I believe that one of the guys on here said that my GPH was about 450 or so for my 75 gallon tank. I don't have any powerheads right now. But I do have 2 outflows that was part of the plumbing the fish store did for me..

Please email me with info on your powerheads. Thanks. .

WtksBlondie104 - Reefkeeper CR Member

Let me know if you want my AOL email address..

Sorry Heather, I hadn't seen your reply...let me figure out if I have any left. I think the only big one I have left I might actually end up using for my UV Sterilizer. For a 75 gallon tank, 450 GPH wouldn't be any where near enough. You should be over 1000 GPH...getting closer to 2000 GPH would be best.
    2000 GPH would put you at 26 X turnover (take your GPH / gallons of water in your tank = turnover), I am going to have about 41 X turnover in my 70 gallon. That is going to be 2 Seio M820s and 2 Seio M620s.
    Water movement is key to a healthy reef system. Your fish expect it, your corals feed off the currernt, and algea can't settle where it would like if it's being pushed around in the current.
    I would start buying up a few powerheads to start and then see what you think. Good luck! Let us know if you need help picking out the right ones. I am pretty partial to the Seios.
    ...I think my fish just farted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our little corner of the www.
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team