[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Super Feeder auto fish feeder

Bookmark and Share
    Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Default Super Feeder auto fish feeder

Will Ship: Yes
    Category: Other
    Price: $70-80
    Condition: Used
    I have a used Super Feeder fish feeder I'm looking to sell. It is one of, if not the, best auto feeder on the market and the only reason I'm selling it is because it is overkill for the three fish I have. It would be ideal for anyone with a high fish load.

Here's the link to it...
    ASF-1 AQUARIUM FEEDER "BASIC"

The one I'm selling is made with all clear plastic and does not have the additional tower. So, total volume of food it holds is 3/4 cup. I will upload pics once I clean it up.

I'm only posting it here on CR for now. I'm hoping to keep it in the community, but I will post it on other forums if it doesn't sell here. $70 pick up in Lansing or $80 shipped. Cash or PayPal with buyer paying any fees. Please note that with shipping a new one is just over $100. Please PM me if you have questions or want to buy it.

Thank for looking,
    Tom

slapshot - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Photo of the Month - May 2012 Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

No it is for sure the best one on the market. Accurate feed amounts, a grinding wheel so the food won't clump and a seal holding bin. The best bar none. If you want a good feeder this is a great deal!

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
    No it is for sure the best one on the market. Accurate feed amounts, a grinding wheel so the food won't clump and a seal holding bin. The best bar none. If you want a good feeder this is a great deal!
    +++++1. I recently bought this feeder and Tom and Slapshot both recommended it. It runs flawlessly on a simple timer or even better on an Apex! It will allow you to go on vacation without haveing to ask someone to feed you're fish! That s worth 80 bucks alone! Lol

First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Thanks for the endorsement/bump guys!

It is a great product... its just too super for my light bio-load needs.

Tom

Awards Photo of the Month - May 2012 Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by Tom@HaslettMI View Post
    Thanks for the endorsement/bump guys!

It is a great product... its just too super for my light bio-load needs.

Tom
    Did you turn it way down Tom? I have mine feeding just a pinch several times a day. Literally a pinch. Unless you miss feeding your fish, lol I really went through a period of over feeding because I wanted to feed then and the feeder was feeding them. Now I just let it do it's thing. Someone should grab this thing

First Name
    Tom

Good question. I'm pretty sure I have it dialed all the way down (the little set screw is turned down all the way). But it still feeds too much.... at least for my tank. I only have three fish... 1 Occy, 1 Scopas Tang, and 1 PJ cardinal. When it comes to feeding pellets I really only have two fish (the PJ cardinal doesn't really eat them).

I've run it several times on my tank filled with small spectrum pellets and the two fish just can't eat all of the food it dispenses. When I feed by hand I generally feed a dozen so pellets at a time (split between two or three tiny pinches), but the feeder (at the lowest setting) drops out at least 3 times that much. So, if I run it for just a couple days it causes cyano outbreaks. In a tank with more fish I don't believe the feeder would cause algae issues.

Someday when I have more fish I'll run a Super Feeder. But right now I'm trying to get $ towards an APEX controller.

Thanks,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom@HaslettMI View Post
    Good question. I'm pretty sure I have it dialed all the way down (the little set screw is turned down all the way). But it still feeds too much.... at least for my tank. I only have three fish... 1 Occy, 1 Scopas Tang, and 1 PJ cardinal. When it comes to feeding pellets I really only have two fish (the PJ cardinal doesn't really eat them).

I've run it several times on my tank filled with small spectrum pellets and the two fish just can't eat all of the food it dispenses. When I feed by hand I generally feed a dozen so pellets at a time (split between two or three tiny pinches), but the feeder (at the lowest setting) drops out at least 3 times that much. So, if I run it for just a couple days it causes cyano outbreaks. In a tank with more fish I don't believe the feeder would cause algae issues.

Someday when I have more fish I'll run a Super Feeder. But right now I'm trying to get $ towards an APEX controller.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Ahh yea it probably feeds more than a dozen or so. Maybe an 1/8 of a teaspoon. You will love the Apex. Can't imagine running my tank without it!

Hopkins - Reefkeeper
    Administrator

First Name
    Adam
    Awards Wheel Master Award - Helping with run the Frag & Swag wheel at the Michigan Coral Expo & Swap 2014.

Default Super Feeder auto fish feeder

Alright. These guys sold me. Can you ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    rc Hopkins sig - Super Feeder auto fish feeder

First Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Hopkins View Post
    Alright. These guys sold me. Can you ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Excellent! Yes, I can ship for an extra $40... Just kidding. $80 is the shipped price. PM me and we can work out the details.

Tom

First Name
    Tom

SOLD! Thanks Hopkins. I know you (and your fish) will enjoy and appreciate this feeder.

Tom