[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Fish Breeding Systems - Broodstock and 2 Growout - Zeeland

Bookmark and Share

First Name
    Scott

Default Fish Breeding Systems - Broodstock and 2 Growout - Zeeland

Will Ship: No
    Category: System
    Price: 1300
    Condition: Used
    Finally pulling the trigger on my major fishroom remodel. This includes moving out my existing broodstock and 2 growout systems. I just do not need systems this large any longer. At this point I want to sell them all together and not split out anything. They are all turn key system, everything you need just move them and fill them up!

I built and designed these systems myself after doing a ton of planning on travelling to visit and tour some very well known breeding facilities.

Broodstock system: Rough footprint - 8'x2'

This is a three tier system. The top row is TEN 5 gallon tanks (custom built w/ 1/4 glass on side that is drilled), middle row is SEVEN 10 gallon tanks, bottom row is THREE 20 gallon highs plus the wet dry and other filtration. This system is powered by a Quiet One 4000 HH pump, uses a 15g full of bioballs, ASM G3 Skimmer and Rainbow 40w UV sterilizer. The air is supplied via a Tetra AP300 airpump. The sump is a 30g Breeder. Included with this system is 7 Fluval heaters (100w each I believe).

Growout Systems: Rough footprint - 7' x 3.5'

These are a 2 tier system, top row is THREE 20 gallon tanks, bottom row is TWO 20g tanks. Each system uses a ASM G3 Skimmer, 15 gallon full of bioballs, Rainbow 40w UV and Quiet One 4000 pump and a 30 Breeder Sump.

There are two of these systems that sit next to each other on the same stand. The stand was also built to allow for a third system to be built right in with these two but this system would be SEVEN 10 gallon or 15 High tanks.

UV bulbs only have 5-6 months of use on them, heaters the same. Everything else has about 3-4 years of use on it. All of the ASM G3 skimmers have been modified with recirculation and gate valve mods. I also have a brand new Sedra 5000 skimmer pump I will include with this all.

All tanks (other then the 30 breeder sumps) have 1/4" acrylic tops that cover 80% of the top to help with evaporation. All tanks are drilled and are designed to be able to be filled or taken off line WITHOUT undoing any plumbing connections.

No livestock included at all or available, what I have left I am keeping.

I ran these systems for about 4-5 years with zero issues, I would not change anything about them and the new systems going in will be designed the same. I had up to 3000 clownfish in each of the growout systems with no problems and all 20 tanks filled with pairs in the broodstock system.

A few pics:

Broodstock:
    Clowns83108002 - Fish Breeding Systems - Broodstock and 2 Growout - Zeeland
    Clowns83108001 - Fish Breeding Systems - Broodstock and 2 Growout - Zeeland
    Clowns83108 - Fish Breeding Systems - Broodstock and 2 Growout - Zeeland

Growout:
    ClownsSystem002 - Fish Breeding Systems - Broodstock and 2 Growout - Zeeland
    ClownsSystem003 - Fish Breeding Systems - Broodstock and 2 Growout - Zeeland

Rough total equipemt list between the three systems:

10 5g tanks
    7 10g tanks
    13 20g High tanks
    3 15g tanks
    3 30 Breeder tanks
    3 ASM G3 Skimmers
    3 Rainbow 40w UVs
    7 Fluval Heaters
    1 Tetra Deepwater AP 300
    1 Quiet One 4000 HH
    2 Quiet One 4000
    1 Brand New Sedra 5000 (spare for skimmers)

All shop lights, acrylic tops, plumbing, wood stands, bunch of filter socks etc all included. All tanks are painted on 3 sides black, growout tanks also have a white bottom.

I am moving the last few pairs of clowns out of the broodstock system the next couple weeks then these systems will be ready to be picked up. All located in Zeeland, MI I will help with tear down.

$1300 for all of it! I have roughly 2.5-3 times this much into these...

I will consider splitting up this package a little for example - all the tanks without the other equipment.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jimsflies; 08-31-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: attached photo for display purposes

First Name
    Scott

These systems might still be available. If interested contact me. Have a buyer lined up for the broodstock system if I part out so priority given to buyers interested in it all.

The person who originally committed to buying these systems has been a bit 'flakey' to say the least....pretty bad seeing it is a vendor in this hobby. I will not say the name yet giving him able time to try and make this right but a no call / no show after a message saying I am on my way for pickup time is hard to make up....
    Last edited by tanglovers; 08-28-2012 at 04:11 PM.