Figured I would start a sticky thread here in the growout contest forum. We'll use this for updates and reminders.
First here is a copy of the rules from the original contest thread.
1. Start a thread in the Grow Out Contest Forum
2. Post updated photos of the frags progress at least once every two weeks along with any dialog to document the number of polyps on each frag, system changes including water changes, bulb changes, dosing regime, fragging, etc.
3. Create a Reef Showcase for your system if you haven't already.
4. The contest will run from November 7 to April 7.
5. The winner will be based on who achieves the most growth over all (polyp count). In the event of a tie in overall polyp count, the winner will be based on who has the most lunar eclipse palys.
In the next few days, if you haven't already, everyone needs to start a thread and work on getting your first pics posted.
You need to identify which frag is which (common names from the frag pack). Here is what you got:
Better than Kedds Reds (3 polyps)
Purple Deaths (3 polyps)
Devils Armor (2 polyps)
Eye of Rah (4 polyps)
Gobstoper Play (1 polyps) <--this was the mystery frag
Green Bay Packers (5 polyps)
Lunar Eclipse (2 polyps)
Cherry Corals SkyHigh's zoos (3 polyps)
When you post an update you should post a photo and state how many polyps each frag has.
As you have time over the next week or two, please include your basic tank specs in the first post (you can edit it after you created your thread). Also provide more tank details and information in your Reef Showcase.
Here is a link to create a Reef Showcase
...it is also found under Reef Tools on the navbar (add/edit reef info).
Updated photos may be posted as often as you like to your Grow Out Contest thread. However, you must provide two updates per month...~two weeks apart.