In the next few days, if you haven't already, everyone needs to start a thread in this forum be sure to select "2011 Grow Out Contest for your subtitle when you post the thread. Your first post should have some details about the tank they are growing in and also some info regarding maintenance/feeding. The first post of course should have your starting photos of your grow out pack. As the contest progresses, you will need to update the thread with photos and a polyp count for each frag at least once per month.
In your updates, you will need to identify the frags using the names below:
Here are the contest rules:
1. Start a thread in the Grow Out Contest Forum
. Be sure to select the "2011 Grow Out" subtopic when you create the thread.
2. Post updated photos of the frags progress at least once per month along with any dialog to document the number of polyps on each frag, system changes including water changes, bulb changes, dosing regime, fragging, etc.
3. Your system should be detailed in a Member's Reef
thread so we know what type of flow, lighting, etc. you have.
4. The contest will run until March 31, 2012.
5. The winner will be chosen by drawing a frag at random. The frag will be posted at the end of the contest and participants will need to submit their final count for that frag via pm along with photos. In the event of a tie, a second frag will be drawn and winners will have to submit counts and photos for that frag. It will be in your best interest, even if you only have one frag surviving to stick with the contest as that may be the counted.
Participants are competing for an opportunity to win an Inland ReefKeeper Saw with a MSRP of $284.95! Donated by Inland Hobby.
Besides the awesome frag pack and the kick-butt grand prize, the winner receive a Grow Out King trophy which is added to his/her postbit as seen below: