[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

2011 Grow Out Contest Rules & Info

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Default 2011 Grow Out Contest Rules & Info

In the next few days, if you haven't already, everyone needs to start a thread in this forum be sure to select "2011 Grow Out Contest for your subtitle when you post the thread. Your first post should have some details about the tank they are growing in and also some info regarding maintenance/feeding. The first post of course should have your starting photos of your grow out pack. As the contest progresses, you will need to update the thread with photos and a polyp count for each frag at least once per month.

In your updates, you will need to identify the frags using the names below:

2011 grow out contest sponsored inland hobby 2011 growout contest 3604 - 2011 Grow Out Contest Rules & Info

Here are the contest rules:

1. Start a thread in the Grow Out Contest Forum. Be sure to select the "2011 Grow Out" subtopic when you create the thread.
    2. Post updated photos of the frags progress at least once per month along with any dialog to document the number of polyps on each frag, system changes including water changes, bulb changes, dosing regime, fragging, etc.
    3. Your system should be detailed in a Member's Reef thread so we know what type of flow, lighting, etc. you have.
    4. The contest will run until March 31, 2012.
    5. The winner will be chosen by drawing a frag at random. The frag will be posted at the end of the contest and participants will need to submit their final count for that frag via pm along with photos. In the event of a tie, a second frag will be drawn and winners will have to submit counts and photos for that frag. It will be in your best interest, even if you only have one frag surviving to stick with the contest as that may be the counted.

Participants are competing for an opportunity to win an Inland ReefKeeper Saw with a MSRP of $284.95! Donated by Inland Hobby.

Besides the awesome frag pack and the kick-butt grand prize, the winner receive a Grow Out King trophy which is added to his/her postbit as seen below:
    Likes AJ :), TheLittleMermaid liked this post

CR Member
    First Name
    Chuck

Yay rules lol. Been waiting on the names. Can those of us that assigned numbers stick with that through the contest or would you like first polyp counts edited to reflect the names?

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Names would be easier for me, unless everyone number them the same.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Names will come in handy for me!

I will tag names next update.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Don't forget to update your grow out threads in the next week.

It would also be a good idea for all contest participants to subscribe to this thread so you get announcements...you can do that by replying to this thread or by clicking this link:
    http://www.captivereefs.com/forum/su...iption&t=18749

AJ :) - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    aj

Finally got some pics up. Hopefully I'll get more done on updates soon.

BTW I'm going to bring my camera along to the MMC. Maybe someone can help me take better pics?

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Its looking like a close growout so far!

Cant wait to see these frags really take off!

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Don't forget to update your grow out threads! I'm not seeing many updates since early November.

Will do! I owe you more pics!
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Last day of the grow out contest! Be sure to get your last updates on your threads.

We will randomly draw one of the polyps tomorrow, contestants will need to PM me a pic and polyp count of that particular polyp to determine the winner.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Last day of the grow out contest! Be sure to get your last updates on your threads.

We will randomly draw one of the polyps tomorrow, contestants will need to PM me a pic and polyp count of that particular polyp to determine the winner.
    Likes AJ :) liked this post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last