[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Chris' Award winning Growout thread.

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    cg5071 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    chris

Default Chris' Award winning Growout thread.

Got my polyps and a camera so an update will be coming later this evening.

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Yahooo can't wait to see em!

Sent from my iPhone while chasing Forest Gump!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

First Name
    chris

ok here is a quickie view to get things started and lean to use my neighbors camera. The 2 on the bottom left are the crazy skirts or purple deaths. I need to id them,lol. I will do things correctly tomorrow with single pics ect and update my system specs because quite a bit has changed since I filled that in.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

First Name
    chris

new count
    5 eyes of rah
    2 purple deaths
    2 lunars + 1 baby
    5 better than keds + 4 babies
    2 armors + 2 babies
    4 gbp + 2 babies
    3 skyhighs
    2 gobstoppers + 1 baby

35 polyps and I hope I am not counting my chickens,lol.

First Name
    chris

I need to run tests again but most stay the same so this is where it was
    ph 8.1
    sal. 1.025
    temps 80-81
    nitrates 5
    phos. 0 on n API test
    alk 9
    cal of 500+ oops!

They are in my 80g main tank under a 39wHOT5 ATI blue plus and Fiji purple but I have been planning on adding another blue + just havnt gotten to it.
    There is also a 250w MH in the back corner that spills over into the area where the frags are now. The MH is on 8 hrs a day and the T5's are on for 12
    I have a no name PH that is 1350 gph and a seio controled PH that goes from 1500gph to about half that and back every 20 minutes. Plus a split 900gph return pump so add about 450gph.

I have a turbofloter 1000 skimmer in the 30gal sump/fuge and passivly run carbon and purigen in it also. My 38g tank also runs off the same fuge/sump that is run 16 hours a day on the opposite schedual. It is chucked full of rock, some sand and a handfull of chaeto underneith a 70w HPS.
    Last edited by cg5071; 11-26-2010 at 05:25 PM.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Got an updated count for us? Hope all is going well?

First Name
    chris

Yes I do as a matter of fact I took pics last night but havnt done a polyp count yet. I just got back from having 8 teeth pulled, lol and a fragment of my jaw removed. Probably wont be so funny in a little while. I will put up the new pics and count later on.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Your supposed to frag corals not teeth....

First Name
    chris

Tell my dentist that! Actually I was supposed to have it done just before turkey day, so we cancelled that holliday. Then they saod oops! dentist wasnt even in that week, didnt know why they schedualed me. So now I will miss x-mas dinner too. boohooo.
    At least they are out and I can get the fake ones soon Ate ALOT of icecream last night.

I will get the pics and count up this morning. I was on the wrong pc to download stuff last night.

First Name
    chris

Ok here it is
    Better than kedds = 12
    Devils armor = 5
    GBP = 8
    Skyhighs =7
    Gobbstoppers = 3
    Eyes of rah = 8
    Purple Death = 1
    Lunar eclips =2.5?

Total of 46 polyps, I am not really counting the .5 yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last