[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

msumatt's 2011 growout contest thread

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    CR Member
    First Name
    Matt

Default msumatt's 2011 growout contest thread

Trying to get pictures to upload...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

CR Member
    First Name
    Matt

Hello to anyone looking this over. My set of frags came in this Tuesday the 4th. One was off the plug, but that was an easy fix. As of now, I don't know what the frags are, but I've been asking on here and will hopefully find out soon. Most of the frags have 5 polyps. I seem to only be able to upload 1 photo per post. The number of polyps on the farthest right is 5. Then diagonal left is 4, and diagonal down and left is also 4. The blue ones in the upper left of the photo have 4 polyps.

CR Member
    First Name
    Matt

Excluding the frag in the uppermost right, which was in the last picture, all of the other frags in this photo have 5 polyps.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Matt you should be able to host pics on photobucket using the photobucket tool in the message editor then link to them using the IMG tags. This will allow you to post more than one pic per post.

I'll post a thread with names in it tomorrow so we all know what they are.

CR Member
    First Name
    Matt

Thanks for the info. Sadly, I don't have a photobucket account and probably won't get one. I also seem to be the only person my age without a facebook or twitter account haha. But again thanks for the info, and I can't wait to find out what those are. I have a hunch on a couple so will be curious to see if I'm correct.
    Last edited by msumatt; 10-06-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

CR Member
    First Name
    Matt

Hello,

To update how my zooanthids are doing, I've been doing water changes about once a week to two weeks. Sadly, the salinity has been creeping up and has probably effected the growth of my frags as well as other corals in the tank. The salinity was around 1.030 before I began adding freshwater to bring it down. I had also switched filters as the impeller in my previous filter stopped working. I'm now using an aquaclear filter which is my favorite filter brand anyway. Other than that, they get about a 1/2 teaspoon of rotifeast added about 5 times a week. I've tried feeding them pellet food, but they haven't taken it yet. Lastly, the Aussie invaders have been surprisingly successful, they've actually attached to the eggcrate they're sitting in. Here's the update on the frags:

First posting/This posting
    Egg Drops-5/7
    King Midas-4/4
    Aussie Invaders-4/11
    Mean Greens-5/6
    Safecrackers-5/6
    Baboon Butts-5/7
    Almond Joys-4/7
    Dexters-5/7

Can't wait to see how they'll go from here!

CR Member
    First Name
    Matt

Photo of the frags excluded from the previous photo.
    Last edited by msumatt; 11-25-2011 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Changes didn't save from last edit

bigbill - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bill
    Awards Grow Out King - 2011 Grow Out Contest Photo of the Month MBI Participant

looking good :-]
    I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.
    Steve Irwin
    mbisite.org/mbi_sig.aspx?u=bigbill&img=2

CR Member
    First Name
    Matt

I think it's been about 2 weeks since the last update. Since then, I had heavily treated for flatworms That problems been taking care of, and sadly, I knocked a frag off when I was siphoning them out, which luckily didn't effect growth too much. I also started adding coral frenzy trying to follow bigbill's lead and try to catch up though unless he does a water change with bleach I don't forsee that happening haha. I shall keep trying though. They are getting the usual water changes and supplements including seachem's fuel, eight four, and calcification, and get food in the form or decapsulated brine shrimp, roti feast, marine fusion cubes, and coral frenzy. The counts are as follows:
    First posting/Second posting/This posting
    Egg Drops-5/7/7
    King Midas-4/4/6
    Aussie Invaders-4/11/10
    Mean Greens-5/6/7
    Safecrackers-5/6/7
    Baboon Butts-5/7/10
    Almond Joys-4/7/7
    Dexters-5/7/11

In the photo, egg drops are in the upper left. Straight down from them are the almond joys. Diagonal up and to the right of the almond joys are the king midas. To the right of them are the baboon butts (had to be moved because a xenia started shading them). Diagonally down to the left of the baboon butts are aussie invaders. To the right of them are dexters. Diagonally down to the left are the mean greens, and lastly, the safecrackers, which are diagonally down and to the right of the mean greens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last