[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

6' heat sink. Anybody know where to get one?

Bookmark and Share
    Tom Toro - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tom

Default 6' heat sink. Anybody know where to get one?

Local or online. I'm doing my first diy led kit and bought it without a heatsink. I need a long 6' x 1.5" or 2" heat sink. I'm going to use it for actinics on my washed out MH 175 system. Too yellow in there and another sunbrite tube is too much moolah.

Anybody know the best place to find one? I found one, but it cost 72$ shipped. Too much IMO for a heat sink.

Thanks,
    Tom
    240g Great Lakes Glass! ETSS1400/panworld250,LED 120wX4 AJM, LED,2x sunbrite ,Tunzex4/,200gal sump/mixed reef/Biopellets. Hammerhead return. UV 57w. Chiller.

135g down and given to a buddy. New pic after the wall is repaired.

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Heatsink usa is the most common source for them. Here's the link. Only $48 for 72" but shipping is probably going to be high.

Tom

First Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom@HaslettMI View Post
    Heatsink usa is the most common source for them. Here's the link. Only $48 for 72" but shipping is probably going to be high.

Tom
    Thanks Tom. Maybe I'll be surprised on the shipping or maybe there's a 'free shipping over ?$. I'm a sucker for that. I always spend too much.
    240g Great Lakes Glass! ETSS1400/panworld250,LED 120wX4 AJM, LED,2x sunbrite ,Tunzex4/,200gal sump/mixed reef/Biopellets. Hammerhead return. UV 57w. Chiller.

ReefWerks - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jonathan

Also look into stevesleds.com he uses a heatsink tubing with forced air fans...another option..

First Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ReefWerks View Post
    Also look into stevesleds.com he uses a heatsink tubing with forced air fans...another option..
    Thanks Jonathon! I ended up getting a 60" and 30" from Steves and just cut and bracket it until I had 72". The fan was pretty cool cause it blows through the center of the tube HS and keeps it cool to the touch.

Likes ReefWerks liked this post