[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Waterproof?

Bookmark and Share
    RedfordReefer - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    ThunderChicken

Default Waterproof?

I want to light the inside of a cave I have in a Freshwater tank. What's the most unobtrusive way to accomplish this with low-wattage LEDs?

tazzy695 - Reefkeeper CR Member

I have seen small underwater lights that suction cup to the glass that you could use also hydor makes a similar one that could even be berried in the sand
    I have been reefing from 08-2007 till 5-2011

reef tanks are like wifes you have to give them some attention every now and then

evilc66 - Reefkeeper CR Member

Both are good options. There are also options from Measure Explorer (www.mexplor.com) that may be a little more flexible. They have some waterproof LEDs that are individual LEDs on wires that will allow more flexibility in placement.

The Rugger - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

That idea and site has the old wheels turning... All the blue they have are "Ultra Bright". Is it posible to get less than "Ultra Bright"? Any recomendations as to where?

They make a lot of custom stuff, so just ask them to reduce the intensity by half. It's just a resistor change.

maby even see if you can put an adjustable resistor in the system so you can drop intensity down to your own custom level

reef tanks are like wifes you have to give them some attention every now and then

With these lights, it's a one shot deal usually. The resistors are usually integrated into the waterproof portion of the setup.

ahhh

now one more question would be what about maby doing a small light through the back glass so the light dosn't even have to be in the tank

Possible. All depends on the look you are going for.