[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

AI nano. Enough to light my 26?

Bookmark and Share
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default AI nano. Enough to light my 26?

Would the AI Nano LED's be enough lighting for a 26 bow front? Tank specs are 24L x 15W x 21D. However from water surface to sand bed the depth is actually 18".
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

dlhirst - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Don

Jamie, it looks like a fun little light, but I would worry about your clam... and anything out in the corners. Even the AI sales pitch puts it in a 15 x 15 cube. Could you swing the cost of TWO of them?

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

I always second guess myself 2x AI nano no way-I'll keep shopping around-gotta be something decent for my tanks budget right?

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

these little guy's are very bright,I think it would do it but you have quite the mix in that lil fella,If it was me I'd buy a single full moduale that will ensure plenty of light for the next tank build in the future,face it girl you know your going to go bigger,you cram anymore in that 26 it's gonna burst !!! Buy for the future it's only a 125.00 more and you won't regret it ROFL

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

If I'd only quit missing the winning lottery by just 1 # LOL

rosebud161616 - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Erika
    Awards Nano Contest Winner

I agree with going with the full module. It would do a nice job of lighting part of your tank, but you're not going to be able to light the whole thing unless you hang it very high, but then your PAR would reduce significantly. I believe the SOL fixtures are the best LED fixture out there and almost the same price as just building a fixture yourself. If you go with something besides LED, you're going to spend the additional pretty quickly in just bulbs and electricity. I would save up a little longer and get the full module. And like Binford said, then you have it for the future too.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    save your lotto money and you'll get your new light faster,There's a mathmatical certinty your going to loose the lotery and a guarntee if you save that money you'll win a new light.Words of wisdom or whit you decied LOL

Jamesr - Reefkeeper Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post

Same thing i say!! lol the Mega Millions is $100 million

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by binford4000 View Post
    save your lotto money and you'll get your new light faster,There's a mathmatical certinty your going to loose the lotery and a guarntee if you save that money you'll win a new light.Words of wisdom or whit you decied LOL
    Smart *** LOL

So....if I go with the AI Sol I'd also need the AI controller and the mounting/hanging kit right? None of which comes with the unit right? Unless they come out with the wireless controller before I order