[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Anyone using a Sicce voyager 4 powerhead ?

Bookmark and Share
    jstan - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jason

Default Anyone using a Sicce voyager 4 powerhead ?

Just wondering if anyone has used or is still currently using a Sicce voyager 4 power head ? I'm getting one from a friend next week, and I just wondering what to expect. Since it's free, I'm not going to say no. But I'd still like to hear any experiences with this power head. Mainly should I put it in my display or just use it for mixing salt. I'm trying to find replacements for my koralia's.

Thanks

AZDesertRat - Reefkeeper
    Subject Matter Expert
    Water Treatment

I went from Seios to modified MJs to Voyagers to Koralia K series and finally the Koralia Evolutions. My complaints with the Voyagers is the mounting system takes two hands to spread the u shaped bracket out and every time I reached in the tank I knocked it off. The other is the power consumption was over twice, almost 3 times higher than the comparable Evolutions and the physical size is a little bigger. I did some side by side photos and power comparisons on AzReefs Forums a few years ago before I switched.

First Name
    Jason

Thanks for the info. I've had the voyager 4 running 3 days now. I don't know if they made a stronger magnet since you had one, but this thing is a beast. I can't move it period unless I take the magnet off the outside first. Flow is great, and it's quiet, so far. For a free powerhead I'm not complaining one bit.

AZDesertRat - Reefkeeper
    Subject Matter Expert
    Water Treatment

Its not the magnet that was the problem, its the plastic fork type bracket. You have to spread it out slightly to insert the powerhead and every time you bump it it falls out blowing sand everywhere. The magnet stays put.

First Name
    Jason

Ahhh, I know what your talking about now. No problems there as well. They must have taken that into account as well, as mine has a screw/bolt on the one side holding it in the bracket. I was wondering what they put that there.

AZDesertRat - Reefkeeper
    Subject Matter Expert
    Water Treatment

Glad they fixed that!
    The other issue was power consumption versus the competition at about 1/3. When you consider most of us have at least two powerheads and they run 24/7/365 they end up costing quite a bit over their lifespan to operate.
    A 10 or 12 watts doesn't sould like much but add it up over 1440 minutes a month or 525,600 minutes a year etc it all adds up.