[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Apex Controller Discussion

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

You need a router in the mix there....as far as I know.

So you would download the update to your laptop. Unhook your router. Connect the controller to the router via ethernet. Connect the laptop to the router via ethernet. Start the update program...the program should find the controller. Then just follow the prompts. It is a two part installation...you will update the firmware on the controller, then update the webpages on the controller. At that point, you clear your cache on your browser and you should see the new dashboard.

Once your updated, reconnect your router to the internet at its original physical location, and reconnect your wireless adapter to the controller.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jduck View Post
    Only way to ensure that the updates go correctly is hard line.
    1. from modem to controller. may require an extra long cable
    2. If your able to take apex to computer, may require unpluging everything if you only have 1 EB8
    3 If you have/can borrow laptop/extra computer and just plug that into your adapter so they are on same network.
    As Jim said the computer does not need internet if you have already downloaded the update. Just a hardwire connection, Especially for the Web pages update

I started with an extra computer/router that I used to reprogram everything after the move. Was plugged into same wireless router as Apex. Since then I've ran a hard line. Was lucky enough that office is over laundry room with drop ceiling and next to fish room. Now Neptune has the nice app out that allows you to edit the programs from Ipad.

Apex Controls everything

Return Pump - Reeflow Gold Hybrid - currently Hammerhead impeller
    ATO - Level Loc - which is no longer made Which is a combination of Mechanical float valve, along with 2x floats and solenoid. Hooked up to RO/DI with a pressure switch/solenoid and Autoshutoff valve. In future I will use a BRS Top off doser to pump from the DI side of mixing station, through the Level loc ATO. Then I'll program RODI to only run every few 1-2 weeks to fill up the 75 gallon DI tank.

Biopellet reactor
    Ca Reactor - Just brought online last week. Not many corals in tanks at the moment, getting ready for all the frags I bought pre purchased for this weeks swap.
    Skimmer - SRO XP5000 EXT
    Heat Pump - Using closed loop from hot water heater
    Refugium LEDs/ HD cf light
    Frag tank Lights 2x AJM 120w LED fixtures
    MP60 battery backup
    Superfeeder

Although not necessary, plugged into the EB8's I have my 7 AI Sol's, 4 MP40wWs, 2 MP60W's. I just like being able to shut off individual outlet to work on it or when not in use.

I got mine up and working. Even have external access now with the embeded web cam. Kind of nice. Will be able to watch as I feed remotely.
    Previously I had used DMZplus mode. Which caused issues with static IP addresses. Had to assign the apex external IP address, so issues with accessing internal. Now doing it the right way with allowed application and opening Port 80. I can access both.
    Show off!

Ok...I'm jealous!

jduck - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by pinhigh1886 View Post
    OK so I can take my laptop, hook it hardwired to the modem or router, download the web pages update, take the laptop to the tank, plug the adapter into the laptop, then wire to the controller and perform the update?

Then I would go to my desktop or remote computer and the new dashboard will show up?
    Sorry I Didn't realize your Net Gear WNCE2001 Adapter only had 1 cat5 port. So you will need a wireless router/switch that you can plug apex and laptop into so they are on same network.
    240 gal. Miracles, 3x 1.5" Beananimal overflow, 60 gal. Frag tank, 120 gal sump. Skimmer: SRO XT5000 EXT, Return Pump: Reeflow Hammerhead Gold Hybrid. Reef Dynamic Biopellet reactor, GEO 6x12 Ca reactor. Lights: 9x AI Sol Blue. Controller: Apex, 40 gal QT

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3