[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

APEX Dosing Program

Bookmark and Share
    pinhigh1886 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    John

Default APEX Dosing Program

So I recently inadvertently turned my Apex calcium dosing outlet "ON" instead of "AUTO". It dosed my tank for 14.5 hours straight and added 953ml of calcium dose to my tank. Thank goodness it wasn't Alkalinity because so far although my calcium is now at 600+ I have been able to bring it down slowly over the last few days and there seems to be no ill effect. What I am wondering is if anyone has a program line that I can add to my dosing programs to prevent this from happening again? Something maybe with a time limit or something like that? Or maybe there is a way to lock the on, off, auto switches so that you need to enter a password to change them. Or maybe an alarm code I could add to text me if its on to long?

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I don't think that there will be a program that would over-ride you putting the outlet in an "ON" state. ON would override any programming that influences that outlet.

However, you may be able to setup a virtual switch that you could turn ON which would trigger a timer that would turn the pump on for a defined period of time.

What sort of influence on your pH did you see with your overdose? It may be possible to setup an alarm condition to alert you if it is left on. Or it may be possible to create an alarm condition if the calcium reactor is on for too long.

pinhigh1886 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    John

What about an alarm statement? Something like IF Alkdoser = ON (Time) THEN Alarm? Not sure how to get time in there? Then best thing would be not to turn it ON again on accident but if I did it once I am sure I will do it again.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Try this:

Create a virtual outlet called Notify_Doser wi this program

Set OFF
    If Outlet Doser_Calcium = ON Then ON
    Defer 005:00 Then ON
    (Where 005:00 is how long u want to let the pump run without being told it got left on...this would also depend on the normal run time of your Doser. It has to be longer than its normal run time.)

Then add this line to your base_email outlet:
    If Outlet Notify_Doser = ON Then ON