[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

This is the best place I can think of.

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Default This is the best place I can think of.

Okay I was browsing around on E-Bay and saw this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3355&rd=1&rd=1

Some pics are attached. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this or knows anyone that's purchased one. I have a spare 20g long tank that will work because they say it fits any 12" wide tank, though they ask for the dimentions also incase it may be a bit different in size. For a refugium it's pretty cheap. I have the pumps I'll just have to get the plumbing parts. I've got my new light and it's great. Huge notice on power. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

These are three different ones that I found and are differently setup. The last two pics are of the most expensive one.

Oh yeah and which one do you guys like the most, first setup, second, or third.
    95g Cracked (Hopefully fixable some day)
    10g Guppy tank
    2.5g tank with Indian Dwarf Puffers
    24g Aquapod Reef tank (Probably going to be sold)
    55g Reef :D

seahorsedreams - Reefkeeper Registered User

I hope it works well for you but I have heard from a couple of people who bought this. They stated the fit wasn't exact and the acrylic was on the cheap/thin side. They said they wouldn't buy it again..... but as i said it may work better for you and for what you are using it for.

Renee

Well I received it and it appears to be just fine. It's pretty sturdy plexiglass. The kit comes in flat pieces and fit perfectly into the tank. It also comes with the glue and directions as to how to set it up they way they do, but also specify that you can make it as you please. I changed the return baffle a bit to make it a bit different. I'll photograph it when I get it set in with the silicone. I have it taped in place right now in the places where it's going to be. There will be about 80% of the bottom surface area for live sand and some plants. I've figured out lighting, I just have to buy it. All in all I'm very satisfied. The best thing is when I bought the other things that I got for really cheap I have a weir and overflow box. I just have to purchase a new U tube. No biggie (pretty cheap on F&S site). I do have to make one modification to my stand but it's nothing that will affect it structurally. I'll get some pics soon. The tank has a couple of pieces of small live rock one with some polyps on it. It's doing well with the Aquaclear 110 for filtration right now but will be changed to the other hopefully soon.
    10g Guppy tank

Glad to hear it. Are the dividers thicker than the picture? The stuff in the pics look like the thin sheet stuff.

Renee

I would say 1/8th inch. As a baffle it's extremely sturdy. They are pretty short and and sturdy as they stand. Now if it was a larger application I would hope that it was sturdier. The top pieces where the light is sitting on, those are 1/4 inch. For the application that they are being used on is sufficient thought. I would say that they are no thinner than the baffles in the sump system that I got in my pile of cheap stuff. I'll post a pic once I get the silicone on so that everyone can see it in place. I decided to make the baffle's a bit different though.
    10g Guppy tank

I looked at it again. I would say the inner baffles are 1/16th inch. and the tops are 1/8th inch. They aren't very flexible and should withstand anything as the baffles in the sump that I got are not much thicker if not the exact same. Well at least the ones that I took out. I replaced the baffles in that one with some thicker plexiglass as I had an old plexi tank sitting around.
    10g Guppy tank

Iconz - Reefkeeper CR Member

hmm, i'm really new to this... what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Iconz View Post
    hmm, i'm really new to this... what is it?
    It's a sump/refugium.

Each picture is a different "combo", personally Im not wild about those built in skimmers unless you have a needle wheel to really make micro bubbles. Thats a decent price I guess. I ended up just buying a 10 gallon and breaking it down into sections manually.
    55 Gallon. One year old, and looking SUPER.

I had once placed the thinner stuff in a sump and the walls bowed over time. I went thicker there after. How much flow does the walls need to withstand? A higher turnover would lead to more pressure being placed on the walls.

Renee

Iconz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Gotya. I'll get to that, I've got what i think is a 29g that i'm gonna use for my sump/refugium

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last