[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Birdsnest

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member

Default Birdsnest

Hey guys, I was wondering if any kind of birdsnest coral would be fit for a 12g nano dx? Any experience?

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Sure any of them, they grow fast and are easy to care for. You can frag them every few weeks and sell the frags.
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

Werdlone - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Tank of the Month

they are the weed of the sps world!!! beautiful, but out of control growth. The tubs purple polyp birdsnest or the ORA green birdsnest are the fastest growers in my experience. go for it!!! If you were closer, I would give you some free pieces! I can't keep up with trimming them back.

CR Member

cool thanks guys for the word! Now im not one for buying anything live online, but do you guys have any experience with foster and smith Live Aquaria? All the stores around me tend to focus on soft corals, and f&s has some stony species Id like to look into.

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Personally, I have never purchased through F&S. But I have heard many good things about there Divers Den.
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

I recommend buying from online sellers at the forums. Specially if their local. Look here first then check out some other forums. I personally get my corals from Lucidprop of MR and Davis7 of nano-reef.com Their shipping rates are usually way cheaper. Great sellers too!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

I have not ordered corals from online sources. So, I can't speak to that.

However, I have some birdsnest frags and would potentially be interested in trading (or selling really cheap). I'm not in your area of MI much and don't have experience shipping corals but if you're ever in the Lansing area we could meet. I usually have other frags too.

I don't have a photo of the frags, but you can see the mother colony in the back left.
    IMG 2293 - Birdsnest

Tom