[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Does anyone have one of those RODI under the sink kits with tank?

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Does anyone have one of those RODI under the sink kits with tank?

Im looking into the RODI kits for under your sink with storage tanks. I can use it for drinking water and topping off my reef. I want a 75 gpd with a 55 gallon storage tank. Any suggestions? And should I just go with a 90 gpd and a storage tank in the laundry room?
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

Kmurraylhs - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Kurt
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

I am very happy with my system from Air, Water, & Ice. I have two 55 gallon drums in basement one for RODI water and one for saltwater. Makes water changes a breeze. I am thinking of purchasing a storage tank to hook up the frige to it.
    Kurt

Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Gotcha I want the one with drinking water. The best of both worlds.

Kmurraylhs - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Kurt
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

They sell those too.
    Kurt

Team CR

First Name
    Larry

Yeah Im looming at the typhoon kit. I was wondering if anyone has one here on CR?

AZDesertRat - Reefkeeper
    Subject Matter Expert
    Water Treatment

I sold a Typhoon III to buy a Spectrapure system and have never regretted it, no comparison in performance or cost of ownership.
    SpectraPure Water Purification Products
    Untitled Document

Another very good vendor is Buckeye Field Supply
    http://www.buckeyefieldsupply.com/sh...ry=171&Sub=166

You will find is is cheaper and better to buy a reef quality RO/DI with a drinking water kit rather than buying a drinking water system and trying to adapt it for reef use. My first system years ago was a Watts Premier from Costco that I eventually modified for my reef systems at a much higher cost than if I had bought a ree fsystem to begin with. The filters are different quality, the membrane is usually a different GPD and often quality, you need to add an additionl canister ancartridge for the DI plus things like tees, check valves and more and it adds up quickly.

CalmSeasQuest - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Thomas
    Awards Nano Contest Winner - Winner of 2012 Nano Contest

Quote Originally Posted by larryandlaura View Post
    Yeah Im looming at the typhoon kit. I was wondering if anyone has one here on CR?
    I started with a Typhoon (under-sink), but purchased a larger BRS system exclusively for reef use. Much better overall performance.

I agree with AZD, it's better to add a drinking water kit to a high quality RO/DI.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

Team CR

First Name
    Larry

Ok thanks everyone.

Team CR

First Name
    Larry

I'm looking at the hurrican dual home/reef from air water and ice. Upgrading to the 5.2 gallon tank though. What do you guys think?

AZDesertRat - Reefkeeper
    Subject Matter Expert
    Water Treatment

You can do much better.
    Looking at it you see it is only a 50 GPD, vs 75 or 90, uses a very coarse sediment filter about as effective as a screen door so has to use two carbon blocks to trap what it misses, has a small horizontal throw away DI filter, uses the less efficient fixed flow restrictor, all pretty lame.

Compare that to a true reef quality system with a 0.5 or 1.0 micron sediment filter, a single 0.5 or 0.6 micron carbon block good for 20,000 gallons of chlorinated or chloraminated water all by itself since it is protected by the better sediment filter, either a 75 GPD or treated and tested 90 GPD RO membrane, a true 10" vertical refilable DI filter filled with reef specific DI resins, a capillary tube flow rfestrictor, an inline pressure gauge and more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last