[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

How well would this work over a 24g Nanocube?

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Nano-Newb1983 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Mark

Default How well would this work over a 24g Nanocube?

just found this set up

150w LED Fixture

figured i see what everyone thinks about this one.. It good for any corals and is it a all around good LED fixture?

thanks for advice
    8NodG - How well would this work over a 24g Nanocube?

CR Member
    First Name
    Derek

i dont see why it wouldnt work but if money wasnt too much of an issue did you check out aqua illuminations SOL leds? The have the nano and the SOL and the price was lowered recently for the SOL and i know from my friend it is an amazing light and can be dimmed. it is also modular which i believe means if a bulb goes out or a new type of led comes out you want to try, you can replace.. the one you are lookin at i dont think is dimmable nor modular

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

The ad says they're 120w. 2 cords. Fan's instead of heat sinks. Non-dimming so acclimating yours corals will be a drag~I agree totally with DX. Go with the AI Nano!!! More bang for your buck! Quality made, well known company!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

If you want to go cheap there is always the evolution Leds! That's what I will be running my frag tank with.
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

First Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by larryandlaura View Post
    If you want to go cheap there is always the evolution Leds! That's what I will be running my frag tank with.
    where can i find those larry?

Pat-O - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Patrick

I don't know much about leds but they had some new types at keys they where like 80-90$ a strip in different types and colors. You can make your own mount or the owner said they are coming out with a box to house them in they seemed pretty cool.

evilc66 - Reefkeeper CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pat-O View Post
    I don't know much about leds but they had some new types at keys they where like 80-90$ a strip in different types and colors. You can make your own mount or the owner said they are coming out with a box to house them in they seemed pretty cool.
    Those are probably the new Aquatic Life units. Not sure if I would use them for primary lighting, but suplimental would be fine.

OP, I'd stick with the AI Nano, or similar. The Nano will easily be able to light your tank, and you will get far greater control over the light. Not to mention the warranty and customer service offered by AI.

There's a lot better choices for $300!
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/

First Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by evilc66 View Post
    Those are probably the new Aquatic Life units. Not sure if I would use them for primary lighting, but suplimental would be fine.

OP, I'd stick with the AI Nano, or similar. The Nano will easily be able to light your tank, and you will get far greater control over the light. Not to mention the warranty and customer service offered by AI.
    thanks alot for advice on the AI Nano.
    Now with that would SPS clams and anything else be happy with it?

EDIT: I just googled it and only found reviews for it and such.. where would the best place be to get it?

XSiVE - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Ryan
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

to your original question, based on my experience I dont think that the color output of this light is going to be very good.

19 blue, 19 royal blue, 9 10k and the last 8 are 6500k. Based on my experience this mix will give you basically no red spectrum, but plenty of blue/green/purple. not to mention the claimed 225 par at 24" below the unit says nothing about in the water... could be deceiving. I wouldn't recommend it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last