[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I got one!!

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    AZDesertRat - Reefkeeper
    Subject Matter Expert
    Water Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by binford4000 View Post
    If Lowes does not have the tap faucet to 1/4 inch adapter LMK,I know I have one some where in the mess of a fishroom that I'm supose to keep up.Mrs Binford draws the line from time to time and picking up the geek room as she calls it fits that line. LOL As far as pressure the more the better,As AZ stated,let it rip.If your on city water and close to the water tower it should be fine.
    They will have them but you may have to screw two parts together. You need a hose thread to 1/4" adapter like used to screw a pressure gauge on to a hose bib or garden hose, probably brass which is OK, and a 1/4" MIP x John Guest Speed Fit adapter which will be plastic. Maybe $5 total?

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by AZDesertRat View Post
    They will have them but you may have to screw two parts together. You need a hose thread to 1/4" adapter like used to screw a pressure gauge on to a hose bib or garden hose, probably brass which is OK, and a 1/4" MIP x John Guest Speed Fit adapter which will be plastic. Maybe $5 total?
    They sell an all plastic one with the Guest adapter which is a fine thread that fits your faucet.You will have to remove the screen and then screw it on by hand.Should be able to find it in the plumbing dept or go to the household ro systems and ask the helpfull Lowe's emplyoee.Brass is bad in my book ha ha ha

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

I'm sorry guys but I've no idea what ya'll are talking about wouldn't something like this work? What else do I need?

http://www.marinedepot.com/Standard_...RORARP-vi.html
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

AZDesertRat - Reefkeeper
    Subject Matter Expert
    Water Treatment

Yes that will work if its a faucet adapter you are looking for.
    Brass is perfectly fine as long as it is on the tap water side, its DI water that is agressive so no metals on the treated side.

The hose thread adapter I am referring to is at the bottom of the page here on the left:

PLUMBING ACCESSORIES FOR RO

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

coo; web page AZ,that's exactly what I was trying explain

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Finally the adapter arrived (after almost 3 weeks) I've got it hooked up (correctly I hope) now as for the *blue* valve in what position should it be in? Do I run it wide open? The di house doesn't appear to be completely full of water. Hopefully someone answers soon before I mess the unit up lol

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    Finally the adapter arrived (after almost 3 weeks) I've got it hooked up (correctly I hope) now as for the *blue* valve in what position should it be in? Do I run it wide open? The di house doesn't appear to be completely full of water. Hopefully someone answers soon before I mess the unit up lol
    if your talking about the valve off the di,yes open it all the way open

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by binford4000 View Post
    if your talking about the valve off the di,yes open it all the way open
    By open all the way should it be positioned as it is in the picture? Is it supposed to be just a light trickle? The water out of the waste runs fast?

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    By open all the way should it be positioned as it is in the picture? Is it supposed to be just a light trickle? The water out of the waste runs fast?
    you got it,amazing how little water you actually get for your tank.Hows the TDS

AZDesertRat - Reefkeeper
    Subject Matter Expert
    Water Treatment

You need to measure the treated and waste flows with a measuring cup and watch or clock. Time each for one minute. The waste should be almost exactly 4 times the treated flow or 4:1 waste ratio. If not you may need a different flow restrictor.
    The DI canister will never be full, its a gravity system on that side and is dependent on the elevation of the outlet in comparison to the canister. No worries, that normal.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2