[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

IceCap 660 Not Working

Bookmark and Share
    ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Exclamation IceCap 660 Not Working

Hey Steve

Just went down into the basement and my brand new 660 will not fire. I first thought it was the timer but once I bipassed it only 2 of the 4 bulbs went on. And that was for only 3 seconds.
    What should I do?
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

Has happened to me a couple of times and turned out to be loose wires. First I took mine into lfs and they plugged in and checked for me to make sure it wasn't the ballast.

First Name
    Rob

Thanks Tankster, blew the whistle little early. Was a blown bulb! First go around with IceCaps!
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

First Name
    Rob

Isn't it early for a bulb to blow, its only 4 months.

Fishgeek88 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferRob View Post
    Isn't it early for a bulb to blow, its only 4 months.
    Im assuming your overdriving them? Probably shouldnt of gone that quick but overdriving does significantly reduce the life. Probably got a little too much juice or something

First Name
    Rob

Anyone else with experience with the 660, that can give some input as to when to replace the bulbs?

I did notice that the other are looking a bit brown or burnt at the ends.

First Name
    Sam

I have a 660 overdriving two 5 foot T5s. My current bulbs have been running since early June. I am going to be replacing them within another month.

CR Member
    First Name
    Steven

You will get about 9-12 months out of T5's on a 660 provided you keep the lamps cool and use quality lamps.

First Name
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Pro View Post
    You will get about 9-12 months out of T5's on a 660 provided you keep the lamps cool and use quality lamps.
    Forgot about that, you probably already know this but overdrivens need to be cooled with something cause they run so darn hot.

CR Member
    First Name
    Steven

I also wanted to mention that the 660 has a protection circuit in it. It shuts down when it senses something wrong like a loose wire or bad lamp.