[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

icecap no more!!

Bookmark and Share
    jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default icecap no more!!

Got an email at work today because we supply Icecap ballasts through our machine vision systems which are the same ballasts we all use, the 430's and 660's and the email says they are stopping operations. here is the email:

"Dear Valued Customer,

First, I would like to extend a Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you, your family, and employees. I know this comes somewhat bitter sweet as many of you have attempted recently to contact IceCap, Inc. with little to no success. For that I am truly sorry.

IceCap, Inc. has been around for about 20 years and many of you have been dedicated and loyal customers of IceCap, Inc. through the ups and downs over the years. Unfortunately, we finally hit a trough in our business cycle due to several factors that impaired this business to the point where we could not and can not recover. Therefore, by the direction of the IceCap, Inc. Board of Directors we have suspended operations.

What this means is we are aggressively and actively seeking opportunities to keep the IceCap brand viable in the markets and with the customers we have served over the past 20 years. In doing so, we expect to bring closure to this process within 60 days and plan to align the new management team, investors, and/or owners with our valued customers in hopes this continuation of business and the relationship with the IceCap brand will mitigate the effects of recent events.

In the interim, please direct all inquiries to *********. Please allow 48 hours for a response depending on the e-mail volume. Thank you!

Again, my apologies for the situation.

Regards,
    IceCap, Inc."

This is terrible!

*I starred out the mans name and email so he does not get spammed.**

wow! That is a stunner. Sad state.... also reflects people going to other products.
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

It seemed like Vortech had a lot of issues when they were tight with ice cap. Wonder if that played any role in this?

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

not to sure, i will update a bit more, i know back in September they consolidated all their debt to a company so when we would order we wouldn't pay icecap we would pay another company that handled their accounting so maybe they never recovered from their issues, i will update this the more i hear but that is all so far.