[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Jebo WP40 Wave Maker

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Default Jebo WP40 Wave Maker

WP 25 Looks like a tunze 6055 in size. Cost appears to be just $5 less than the WP 40. Impressive video on you tube.
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/

CR Member

Announcement. One of the controller companies is now offering a stand alone WP40 with attachment cable on their web site.

I don't want to say who or give a link for fear of getting the thread closed, but this company was very instrument in determining if the WP40 can be controlled by a controller.

I agree with the fact that putting an unknown electrocial device into water requires a high degree of product quality, else expect a shocking experience. Not good.

There are cables available to control the WP 40 with the Reef Angel controller; I understand the cable can be modded for Apex use. I also understand that RA is selling the WP 40, and for a lower cost because they do not include the controller.

As an alternative, you can use the included contoller and get a dimmer (via ebay, for example) to dial down the output. Pretty plug and play.

Revisions are coming out to help with the noise issues; grommets for the shaft/prop. Jury is out on impact.

WP 25 is still due any day; cost, as per the "Pre Orders," is dropping to closer to $75. There appears to be two versions; one with mounting magnets, other with suction cups.
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/

CR Member

Yes. Reef Angel is selling the pump as a stand alone along with the cable needed to connect it to the RA.
    That same cable has been modded to work on an Apex.

The latest release date I've heard for the WP25 is June.

CR Member

Ok. I finally heard back from Wynstan.

He says....

The WP-25 magnetic mount is available now ,
    the flow rate will be 8000l/h and the controller will have speed control
    function
    I don't now who has the WP25. (Fish-Street does not have it on their website).

That 8000l/h seems high. it converts to 2,113 g/h.

I know that the Arizona GB bought about a 100 WP25's and MacBoat told me that there was another order before theirs.
    Steve

CR Member

The WP -25 is out and a bunch have already made it to the US.

Mine came to my office this morning.
    I'll put them in and take some video when I get home after the son is in bed.

Here are some pictures really nothing new.
    The unit is much smaller than the WP-40 about the size of a 12oz soda can.
    The power supply is now a wall wart instead of the brick that was on the WP-40 with the 24v lead coming out of it.

I don't see the variable speed control that they told me about.

Waiting to here back from Wystan about the speed control he told me would be on these.

e994a5124343 zps669df222 - Jebo WP40 Wave Maker

40de3421c70c zps2f711e05 - Jebo WP40 Wave Maker

8f2a7b360f84 zps30afa63e - Jebo WP40 Wave Maker
    Steve

CR Member

Here is a video of 1 WP25 in my 55 gallon.

I think it is still to strong, so I hooked it up to my Reef Angel and left the speed at a 35-50% ramp I set up for my WP40.
    It's a little to low now so I'll probably boost it up to 45-70%.
    Steve

AZDesertRat - Reefkeeper
    Subject Matter Expert
    Water Treatment

I have both a WP-40 and WP-25 on order and should be here mid June. I plan to do a detailed review on each with photos showing size comparisons with other popular powerheads, Kill A Watt meter readings showing power consumption and anything else I can monitor. I did similar with Evolutions when they very first came out as well as many return pumps several years ago when I was part of Team RC over on that forum.

For the record I have been extremely pleased with my Evolutions 1400's but was looking for something different without breaking the bank. The few MP's I have seen did not impress me at all, noisy, bearing issues, faulty controllers etc were just a few of the issues I witnessed and the owners were not happy with their investments. Great idea but they still need a little development and having some viable competition should bring their pricing in line. Its great when you are the only game in town and can set pricing but competition shows what things are really worth after a time.

CR Member

My Anemones, Toadstool Leather, Frogspawn, and Kenya tree all hated the 25 at full power on the stock controller.
    I wound up taking the 25's out of the tank and putting the 40 in controlled with the Reef Angel.

I tried the 25 at the same settings as I had the 40 at and it didn't behave right. When I set the 25 to run at 30% during the night it would run for a bit and then stop. This never happened with the 40.

The 25's run perfectly fine with the stock controller, never stopped or anything, but they were to strong for my 55.

I can get better control and positioning with the 40 then the 25's

I'm going to wind up selling the 25's.
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2