[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Jebo WP40 Wave Maker

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    pinhigh1886 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    John

Default Jebo WP40 Wave Maker

I have spent a lot of $$$$ on equipment but just can't pull the trigger on Ecotech Vortech MP40's. It just seems like they could bring the cost down. Not that I go on any other forums I heard there is a lot of talk about Jebo (or Jeboa) WP40's. It is a Chinese brand of wave pump that you can get from fish-street for $85. It seems to be all the rage right now on Salt Water Forums because people think it might be better that the Vortech as far as water flow. Looks more like a Tunze and the cord is still in the tank. People are getting 2-3 inch waves with just one of these in there 180g tanks. It is controllable with the controller that comes with it but from some of the comments its too powerful and can't be turned down enough. There are smart people trying to figure out how to control it with APEX. It will not communicate with other pumps but from the sound of it unless you have a 300g tank you may only need one. Pretty amazing video's. I think I am going to order one and test it out. Thought I would get a thread going to see if anyone has tried it yet? The Chinese website is Jebao Co.,Ltd. and the pump is under aquarium accessories. Not much info there though!! Final thought - you could buy 5 of these before you got to the cost of 1 MP40!!

Rabidgoose - Reefkeeper Moderator

Awards Yugo Award Photo of the Month

How big is your tank? Their is a thread on RC about them, seems you can't dial the speed back enough for a smaller tank. I believe they are coming out with a smaller model in the not so distant future.

chuck

First Name
    John

Yeah I read that whole thread today. That is where I heard about it. I have a 90g standard. It sounded like they were saying that anything under 180g and you might have too much flow? It looks like the company is coming out with a WP25 but not out yet. I ordered the WP40 - we'll see...

First Name
    John

This thing is way more powerful than a Tunze. You can't get a 3" wave with one Tunze in a 180g tank can you? This is similar to a Voertech MP40 or even more powerful with the same controllability. Just can't sync it with another one like the Vortech.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

I use to be just like you. There was no way I was going to buy Vortech. The price was just not worth it !!! So in my infinite wisdom I started cheaply and used e bay PH well that wasn't working so on to Korillia's then it just wasn't enough so I added a wave box then went to Tunze's and still didn't like what I was seeing. Then it dawned on me. Shear GPH and coverage was only part of the solution. It is just or even more important to create flow that keeps particulate matter and food suspended . Createing waves is good for your coral but if your peeling flesh off your defeating the purpose . So what am I am saying ?? Unfourtanetly for our pocket books nothing out there does all of this as well as Vortech's do. There I said it ! It hurt but It's just the truth. It is very easy to spend the cost of a vortech to try to accomplish the same thing. I drove the anti Vortech bus for a long time ! I now suggest to anyone who is trying to grow advanced coral like SPS to bite the bullet and spend the cash up front. You can easily spend more in dead coral and several brands of power heads to just at the end you end up buying one. It is also one of the few pieces of equipment that holds it's value. In the end the MP series is just worth the money tell someone makes something better and they will not give that away either. In this case you get what you pay for ! Just my .02 tho. .

First Name
    John

OK OK OK I know. Can't a guy dream that for once I could get something in this hobby that wasn't the most expensive but was just as good. This is not like me normally. I usually look for the most expensive item and get it because I know it will be the best but with Vortech I just think that unit can't cost more than $100 to make so they are making a killing. I just wish someone else would make a product that wouild compete. I just bought the APEX Controller, AI Vega's, BRS Dosers, and a BRS 5 Stage RO/DI. That's ove $2000 right there. I just need to get a few MP40's but a this point I want to just buy more coral. Not to mention I still have to set up a good Frag QT tank.

BTW I dont think a 3" wave is good. I don't even want a wave in my tank but a controllable 3" wave with one pump in a 180g seemed impressive. I saw one video on You Tube on a 180g with one of these pumps and it just had a slight wave and the coral just seemed to sway perfectly. Better than any Vortech video I have seen.

Thanks guys though for bringing me back to reality.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

I doubt we will see Vortech knock offs tell all the patents they hold on the MP's expire. Echo tech is very aggressive in product protection rightly so. I feel your pain tho. I have 6 AI's and dual everything else on my new tank. It is expensive to do it top notch but if you do it like you did ,you don't end up with a closet of unused products like I have. But in the long run you get to say You only had to buy it once !! Lmao.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Unfortunately in an effort to merge two duplicate threads, I managed to lose both threads. If any of you guys have the posts that I am missing in your email notifications (mostly replies from today I think), please feel free to forward your email notifications to me at this email

jimsflies@captivereefs.com

And I will add them into this thread.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Even when they do wear off, I don't think they will be THAT much cheaper in a way.... time will tell but I would guess they will still be several hundred anyways..... of course depending on who is doing the knocking off.

Luckily for me most of my used junk has made it til it puked or I was able to off it..... or so I tell myself before I look in what was my fish room that I am slowly working on taking apart.

You got a spare vortech in that closet of unuseds you want to part with?? LOL
    Actually I have a few MP 10's ! I have tried to get someone to come over and pick this stuff but guess there's no such thing as reefer pickers. Lol

Mp 25 comes out in 2 weeks. .. just saying. ...
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last