[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Lets talk pumps!

Bookmark and Share
    robandrosco - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob

Default Lets talk pumps!

Well as you guessed I thought we could talk about some pumps. Im in the process of setting up for a remote sump in the basement for my new 120 build. I was considering external pumps, but with the research I've done on the DC pumps it makes me question wanting a big ole' external pump.

I will be going up 3 ft then horizontal 13 then up again 7ft. with the 90's and splitting the return at the tank to 2 lines the head loss calculator put me at 14ft of total head pressure.

The Deepwater aquatics BLDC looks just right either the 12 or 15, but the panworld 250ps looks pretty attractive as well.

What do you guys think?

First Name
    Rob

anyone? I was really hoping someone around here has used the deepwater pumps.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

BUMP! Hopefully someone will chime in. Sorry I can't help.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

CR Member
    First Name
    garron

I have a waveline running 10ft up to a 180 and 120 for 9 months and have been happy with it. Reef Life Support Systems
    Ecotech is now making a dc pump and I can't believe it won't be awesome, but expensive. Even Jabeo makes a dc pump that is suppose to work good(no experience with it though). I had a reeflo marlin (which was way overkill) and a diablo dc (I replaced it with the bigger waveline, but kept it as a backup pump).

fishfinatic - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jeff

I know someone who is running a reeflo also on a 150g tank but it was AC Hes had it for about about 11months or I think with no problems. Its the swordtail model Im not sure. But I think having a DC pump is the way to go nowadays allot more manipulation with the speeds.
    I used to run a gen-x pcx40 for my pond years back when I had the filtration in my garage. I ran it for about 2.5 years untill I took it down it had like 22ft head. And was priced very well.

jduck - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jason

Reeflo pump if you want to run skimmer and a reactor or 3
    240 gal. Miracles, 3x 1.5" Beananimal overflow, 60 gal. Frag tank, 120 gal sump. Skimmer: SRO XT5000 EXT, Return Pump: Reeflow Hammerhead Gold Hybrid. Reef Dynamic Biopellet reactor, GEO 6x12 Ca reactor. Lights: 9x AI Sol Blue. Controller: Apex, 40 gal QT

First Name
    Rob

The waveline looks attractive. I don't know why but I'm terrified of external pumps.