[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Lights out!!

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Exclamation Lights out!!

Got up this a.m. and it's white lights are out. Changed all 4 bulbs last night and I think they were working fine. But now that I think about it, maybe not. I thought they looked a little dim but figured it was the new coral plus I added. Guess not.

This is the AquaticLife 4x24w t5ho. It has digital switch with 3 settings. Number 1 setting is the one that's out and it's also the one I use to run the whites.

I thought that maybe I got a couple bad bulbs. Switched em back out for the new/older ones and when I turned it on, 1 bulb blinked but did not remain on. The other did nothing. Tried it again, switching back to the new bulbs. Turned it on and the one blinked again but didn't remain on.

Is this a possible ballast issue? One other question. I can run 2x bulbs but how long am I looking at before my corals start to feel the pinch? I'm running 1x aquablue special 12k and 1x blue plus. Or should I run 2x white and forget about the blue for now?
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

I would run two aquablue special bulbs, while you wait for aquaticlife to send you a new ballast. The one good thing about there fixtures are the parts are readily available and easy to replace. Your softies should be fine and the Sps should be ok for a week while you wait for the part.
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Sounds good. Thanks Larry

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Anytime Jamie !
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

AquaticLife - Reefkeeper CR Sponsor

Hello Jaime,

It almost sounds like the end of life protection kicking in. We have a feature in our fixtures where if the ballast detects that a bulb is bad, or is going bad it will shut down both of the bulbs connected to that ballast. This will insure that the ballast does not get burned out by a faulty lamp. Normally the light will flash quicly and then shut off to notify you of this. Feel free to give us a call and we can trouble shoot a bit.

Thanks,
    James

888-548-3480
    Likes jimsflies liked this post

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Hi James

This happened while I was replacing the old bulbs. I turned unit off. Removed all old bulbs. Replaced them all with ATI 24w HO. Turned the unit on and only the blues fired up. However 1 white flickered but the other remained off completely.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Awesome customer service from James at Aquaticlife! New ballast on its way even though my warranty ran out a couple weeks ago. Simply wonderful! Thanks again James!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Received new ballast! However the red/blue harnesses cannot be accessed inside the fixture actually you can't even see them. Unlike the black/white and yellow which are visible and easily accessed.
    What to do now?

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Did you call @AquaticLife ? I'm sure they will walk you through it or come up with a solution.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Yup. Left a message as they're in a different time zone. 4hrs behind me and they close at 4:00.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last