[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

MP-40 Opinions?

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
    Cash - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default MP-40 Opinions?

I am about to pull the trigger and get a MP40. I am getting tired of playing the aim game with 2 K4's. The problem with the K4's is im getting alot of sand bed movement, I think from them fighting each other. Will I have the same problem with the MP40? Also should 1 MP40 be enough for a 90g? I am hoping to only have to use the MP40.
    I am probably ordering it this Monday
    Thanks

tazzy695 - Reefkeeper CR Member

one should be more then enough I would set it higher in the tank on one side and pulse it so you create a wave effect

the hight will minimize the sand disturbance and wave effect will actualy stir everything better then just solid on flow minimize dead spots
    I have been reefing from 08-2007 till 5-2011

reef tanks are like wifes you have to give them some attention every now and then

Mike - Reefkeeper CR Member

The MP40 is a quality product and will blow you away once you get it in the tank.
    anacroporamademepoora
    --Lifetime member of the "No Mud Club".:

youngtimothy - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tim
    Awards Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

I have 2 in my 100 gal, love them!! 1 is probably enough they create a nice undertow my sand moved for a little while but its all good now.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I hate to say this ...but I have had nothing but problems with my Vortech since I bought it. With that said, EcoTech stands behind their product and will resolve the problems. If you buy an extra Vortech for a back-up it may not bother you having it break every other month. I'm on the third repair in six months.

The external/wide flow pump concept is great, but it's unreliability is a real hassle. I attribute some of my tanks problems due to the fact it wasn't operational for at least 10 days each time it's needed repairs. In retrospect I should have kept the two tunze 6055's and the Neptune Aquasurf controller I previously used.

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Default Re: MP-40 Opinions?

Cash as u know I have a mp10 and an mp20. Love them both. Not a single issue, and very easy to clean and service. Instead of popping for a second one spend the extra dooh on the battery back up. They are now designed in house rather than by IceCap and are said to be more efficient and have longer run times. This was a major factor for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferRob View Post
    Instead of popping for a second one spend the extra dooh on the battery back up.
    This is a solution to a completely different problem though. If the pump isn't working it still won't work with the battery backup.

Andy also has an MP-40 and his has broke down twice since he got it in early December.

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    This is a solution to a completely different problem though. If the pump isn't working it still won't work with the battery backup.

Andy also has an MP-40 and his has broke down twice since he got it in early December.
    I know, I was just adding that point incase it had been overlooked.

I have heard of some issues and oddly its always been the 40 I hear of.??
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

Fishgeek88 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Sam

My MP20 had a controller issue. Under 1 year old.

Cash - Reefkeeper CR Member

Well My mp40 should be here Friday.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last