[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Need drinking water/reef tank RO/DI recomendations please-

Bookmark and Share
    Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Need drinking water/reef tank RO/DI recomendations please-

I need drinking water/reef tank RO/DI recomendations. Culligan man just tried to sell me one for over a grand.....am sure I can get one at least as good for a fraction of the price that will suit my needs.

Looking for the entire system, 2 auto shut offs, booster pumps, drinking tank, ect.

GPD recomendations also please. If I recall correct, 75 gpd is most efficiant?

AZDesertRat - Reefkeeper
    Subject Matter Expert
    Water Treatment

Russ builds a very good reef residential system but you can do a little better quality for less money if you don't mind spending a few minutes installing a drinking water kit on a reef quality RO/DI youself.

My recommendations would be this RO/DI for $140:
    Refurbished 90-GPD RODI System - RODI-90-REFURB

and this add on drinking water kit:
    RO/DI Filter Add On Kits : Drinking water add on

The only additional item you would need is a $6-$8 inline check valve so you can isolate the stored RO drinking water from the DI so the effects of TDS creep do not shorten the DI life.

You will not need two ASOV valves and probably do not need a RO booster pump unless you have less than 40 psi incoming pressure.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Thanks guys.

I forgot to add, I will also like to conect my auto ice maker, in the fridge..what will I need, and where will I install the split?

AZ- Does that RO set up come with a good membrane and pre-filters? I might just upgrade my current system with the filters/membranes in the link, and also upgrade it to 90 gpd, instead of 75 gpd, like it is currently.

My current RO/DI system is almost exactly like the one in the link. I might just upgrade the internals, instead of replacing the entire system.

AZDesertRat - Reefkeeper
    Subject Matter Expert
    Water Treatment

Spectrapure is the best name in the industry with 30 years experience in the same Arizona city. They are the only vendor to specially treat every RO membrane they sell to improve its performance and then to test them, either in batches or individually then offer a performance guarantee. They are one of few to use only absolute or near absolute sediment filters and carbon blocks which do a much better job of protecting the RO membrane so it lasts longer and works better and most importantly to custom blend all their own DI resins in house based on thousands of hours of real world beta testing all over the world. They also use only the much better capillary tube flow restrictors and most of their systems come with inline pressure gauges. They don't come any better at any price.

While your existing system may visibly look the same I will bet a dollar to a donut there are big differences you probably don't see or are not aware of.

You only need a 1/4" tee to hook the drinking wate rkit to the icemaker. I have my RO hooked to a laundry sink RO faucet, kitchen sink RO faucet and refrigerator icemaker and door faucet.