[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

New Vortech MP-40

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    pinhigh1886 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    John

Jim, I set up my profiles for the vortech modes but I get errors when I try to write the actual program. Do I have to have pump synced to be able to write and save the program?

First Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    Yeah...it feels like a premium price for those. But my guess is, the margins start to get tight with all the costs involved. Where did you order it from?
    I bought it from Marine Depot!

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I just put in an order for an MP40 myself..... really don't want to see this LOL
    FWIW, I did have the pump for 8 months prior to any issues. It was about the same duration when the replacement developed the same problem. Again, they stood up to the plate and managed the issue to my satisfaction. It's a bit of a bummer to be pumpless and have to pull out the old ones to get by.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

In my experience, you want at least one extra wet side. They do wear out (which of course is not something we like to think about with a $400 pump). I think the short pulse mode/wave mode is pretty hard on the pumps and my sense is that mode wears it out the fastest.

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

I tend to agree with you, Jim. In both of my failures, which as mentioned were approximately 8 months, the ceramic coating on the shaft completely failed. In the first incident, the material cracked, failed, and would not allow me to take the wet side apart at all. The second one started cracking and I noted it while cleaning and called Ecotech CS. They sent me a new one and I sent the old one right back. The 3rd wet side I'm on now seems to be working very well, but it's only been 4 months. I may order another one just to have around as you suggest.

In any case, I love the pump. I also am very happy with the CS received from Ecotech.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default New Vortech MP-40

I've had my MP10 running for a year and its been a solid pump the entire time
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

jduck - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jason

I had a couple magnets split on me, but my MP40's were some of the original ones. And they sent me 3 new wetsides.

First Name
    John

UPDATE!! - Ecotech lied! They said they would ship it (2) day so I would have it today. I just checked on it and it was shipped ground. Won't get it until tomorrow. IMO thier CS sucks!

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I'm surprised that they didn't have you return it to where you bought it for an exchange.

They are sending you a new pump without having to send the other one back first?

First Name
    John

Yeah I called Ecotech first because I was hoping they would say "Oh here's the problem" and fix it over the phone but they right away said "That is weird, we never have Dry Side problems". They wanted it back ASAP and said they would just send me a whole new one. They took a credit card number incase I didn't send the other one back. Again he said his manager told him to do (2) day but shipped it ground anyway.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last