[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

opinions/experience with this LED company

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Default opinions/experience with this LED company

I stumbled on a site that sells LED kits and supplies (link below). Has anyone dealt with them or know about the drivers and LEDs they carry? The prices are great but I don't want to sacrifice quality.

AquaStyle Online

Thanks,
    Tom

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

I'm riding along with you Tom
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

I've dealt with them for a few of my LED setups, I purchased the chips, drivers, & lenses from him. (made my own heatsinks) decent quality oem style drivers, and bridgelux chips.
    I have 4 setups running on my display for MACNA, so if your going, stop through and check them out..
    Otherwise I've been running a 9 chip setup on a prop tank for a couple months and they work flawless!
    Price is so low because your getting them straight from over seas. Shipping is quick (just as quick as US based companies)
    Home of JimsReef!

sigbanner001 - opinions/experience with this LED company

First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by 2FarNorth View Post
    I've dealt with them for a few of my LED setups, I purchased the chips, drivers, & lenses from him. (made my own heatsinks) decent quality oem style drivers, and bridgelux chips.
    I have 4 setups running on my display for MACNA, so if your going, stop through and check them out..
    Otherwise I've been running a 9 chip setup on a prop tank for a couple months and they work flawless!
    Price is so low because your getting them straight from over seas. Shipping is quick (just as quick as US based companies)
    Good to know. Have you taken any PAR measurements? Could you provide more detail on the number of LEDs you're running on each tank and include gallons and dimensions of each tank?

I'm not sure how I feel about a non US company... I would prefer a domestic source.

Thanks,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom@HaslettMI View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about a non US company... I would prefer a domestic source.
    Gotter......
    Home of JimsReef!

sigbanner001 - opinions/experience with this LED company

First Name
    Tom

Don't get me wrong... I am not saying a won't buy foreign (I do drive a Subaru after all). I just want to be sure that the quality of the product(s) is adequate and the customer service is there if I need it.

Tom

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

I am going to take a closer look at these.......very soon.

Corvette Reefer - Reefkeeper CR Member

They look a lil strange to me, id be sticking with what i trust in already not that sketchy stuff, leds are a brand i never heard of and drivers seem to cheap for being dimmable. Stuff would probally fail in a year or so, whilemost other brand stuff will last a good 7 years to 10 years.
    The names Vette, Corvette. . .

CR Member
    First Name
    mike

I am going to have to look into this as well because cost is ALWAYS a factor when it comes to this hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette Reefer View Post
    They look a lil strange to me, id be sticking with what i trust in already not that sketchy stuff, leds are a brand i never heard of and drivers seem to cheap for being dimmable. Stuff would probally fail in a year or so, whilemost other brand stuff will last a good 7 years to 10 years.
    Call me etch a sketch lol! I think I will try a kit. As for not being an american company, I think that many LED manufaturers are not in the USA. Also, it they have good color and only last a year, they would probably more than pay for themselves. 2far, how does the LED's colors compare to others? I see the kits have a 60 degree optic. Dont most people make thier setups with 40 degree? Give us the good, bad and ugly if you could. Thanks,
    Paulo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last