[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Pacific Sun USA LED's Made in Poland

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Default Pacific Sun USA LED's Made in Poland

Here's a company that just opened up distribution and sales in the United States. They are hand made in Poland.

Mr. LED Gawd

Please share your thought on the Black Python 120w Master over a 25x25x25 cube!!!

Thanks

Link
    http://pacificsunusa.com/
    Last edited by ReeferRob; 01-28-2010 at 09:06 AM.
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

Fishgeek88 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Sam

Those look pretty cool!

evilc66 - Reefkeeper CR Member

I have been looking at what Pacific Sun has been doing for a while. Still not 100% convinced that lots of 1W LEDs can equal what a properly set up 3W LED array with optics can do. Using optics, you waste a lot less light by focusing it into the tank. LED Wholesalers sells a setup very similar to this (much cheaper, and still not convinced of it's effectiveness), but without all the fancy computer control, which honestly, is pretty cool. The PC interface is nice. Unfortunately, they might be a prime target for Orbitech (the importer, not the manufacturer). The only way they may be able to get around it is that on the manufacturers page, the words "reef", "marine", and "aquarium" are never ever mentioned.

First Name
    Rob

Default Re: Pacific Sun USA LED's Made in Poland

I think your right, they are marketed as hydroponic lighting!
    keeping a close eye on these babies. Is see AI fixtures are already coming down in price!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

Argent - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Paul

the price on the LED Wholesalers fixture is nice...

I could see putting that over my 24G AP

http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/...&productId=512
    ~Paul
    -----------------------
    Argent's 24G Aquapod HQI
    Argent Imaging on Flickr

Putting aside the cool factor of being able to control the fixture over bluetooth, I think a pair of AI modules will offer much higher PAR levels, with the same potential for control. The only thing that may be nice for the Pacific Sun units is the inclusion of Uv-A LEDs, but their use and requirements are unknown right now. They may do absolutely nothing for a reef.

First Name
    Rob

What I understand and may be wrong but the PacSun you can adjust not only the K color but the intensity or par level seperatly.

The ThorTek lights I see out of Korea I believe us the UV-A LED as well as Red?

Sounds just like pre-programmed brightness settings. The only way to set the fixture to a certain PAR level is to use a sensor. Anything else is just a guess.

First Name
    Rob

Can intensity be seen by the naked eye? I mean a trained eye like yours can you come some what close?

Can't see it with the eye. High PAR can be acheived with low lumens. What may look dim to you can be bright to the corals.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last