I set up this program to allow me to press one button that will turn off the pumps, heater, and top off when I do a water change or other maintenance. There are other ways to accomplish this...particularly using one of the feed cycles. The advantage of using a feed cycle is that it will automatically go back to the "on" state after the defined times. However, I prefer the manual control over the duration...if the water change takes longer, I don't want the pumps to come on and run dry (or have to scramble to push feed cycle again with my hands full/wet).

To activate Maintenance mode, just turn on the Maint outlet.

Here is the program:

[ Maint ] ( Cntl_F1 )
Program Type: Advanced
Display Icon: Hourglass
Program:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF

Then for each of the outlets you want to control during maintenance add something like this:

[ ReturnPump ] ( 3_6 )
Display Icon: Spiget
Program:
Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
If Outlet Maint = ON Then OFF

Or you may want to also set some of them for a slight delay...for example if the water level rises in your sump, you can avoid a high level alarm from your top off system coming back online by including a delay after maintenance is turned off...this delays the osmolator being turned back on by one minute.

[ Osmolator ] ( 3_7 )
Display Icon: Spiget
Program:
Fallback ON
Set ON
If Temp < 73.0 Then OFF
If Outlet ReturnPump = OFF Then OFF
If Outlet Maint = ON Then OFF
Defer 001:00 Then ON

If you think there is any chance you will forget to turn your maintenance mode off (unlikely...but hey might as well exploit the Apex to minimize idiotic errors), here is a few lines you can add to send you a reminder. Note, I have Apex emails sent as text messages to my phone so that I would get these notifications before I get too far down the road.

Virtual Outlet
[ Reminder ] ( Cntl_F8 )
Display Icon: Up/Down Arrows
Program:
Set OFF
If Outlet Maint = ON Then ON
Defer 010:00 Then ON

[ EmailAlm_I5 ] ( base_email )
Display Icon: Email
Program: