[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

ReefKeeper Lite What else do others use this thing to control?

Bookmark and Share
    Tom Toro - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tom

Default ReefKeeper Lite What else do others use this thing to control?

I've got a RKL on both tanks and use it only for temp control. heater on/off, fan on/off, chiller on/off. I'd like to use it as a powerhead controller. .

Anybody else use this rkl and what do you control with it? Did you have to buy additional pc 4's or were you able to tap into the outlets with strips. I understand that you have to keep the total under 15amps per pc 4, but the number of outlets is stopping me from using the full potential of the unit.
    240g Great Lakes Glass! ETSS1400/panworld250,LED 120wX4 AJM, LED,2x sunbrite ,Tunzex4/,200gal sump/mixed reef/Biopellets. Hammerhead return. UV 57w. Chiller.

135g down and given to a buddy. New pic after the wall is repaired.

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

I use my RKL for lights (+fan), two heaters, and a controllable Tunze. I have six things plugged into a single pc4 and am under the max amps. I have two of the outlets split. One has both heaters and the other has the computer fan and supplemental LEDs.

Here's a CR thread that discussed RK controllers and the stuff you can do with them...

Tom

First Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom@HaslettMI View Post
    I use my RKL for lights (+fan), two heaters, and a controllable Tunze. I have six things plugged into a single pc4 and am under the max amps. I have two of the outlets split. One has both heaters and the other has the computer fan and supplemental LEDs.

Here's a CR thread that discussed RK controllers and the stuff you can do with them...

Tom
    Thanks Tom. That's going to help.
    240g Great Lakes Glass! ETSS1400/panworld250,LED 120wX4 AJM, LED,2x sunbrite ,Tunzex4/,200gal sump/mixed reef/Biopellets. Hammerhead return. UV 57w. Chiller.

First Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Toro View Post
    Thanks Tom. That's going to help.
    I didn't see how to word the language to use a powerhead though. Do you remember how you did it and what you had to set it at to make a wave? I've got 4 Tunzes in there with no controller now (240). Only the 7091 and they don't do much. If I could somehow put two on one outlet and two on another, I think I could work up a small wave in there. Right now it's pretty much random.

First Name
    Tom

So I figured out the language and hooked up a tunze and a coral vue 202b to the same outlet. Seems like there's not much to control. You can make them on for as long as you want, but they turn off just for a second, then bam, back on. Not really doing much and I can't believe it will actually make a wave even if you have the other outlet running two at the other end of the tank. Also has to be hard on any powerhead to turn completely off and then on full blast. Not impressed.

Unless I missed some adjustments that control the length of 'on'.

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

I'll look at how I have my Tunze 6055 programed. I believe I have it set for 4 seconds on and 4 seconds off. It does not create a standing wave like a wavebox or vortec. But it does send a pulse through the tank that will cause the softies to sway a bit.

Tom