[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Lighting question?

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... Last

Default Lighting question?

What kind of lighting should I use for a 40 gallon breeder tank? All that I would want to house in this tank would be a pair of clowns, a host anenome, and maybe a few mushrooms, and maybe some kind of goby to keep the sand stirred up...that's about it* Anyway I'm open to all suggestions and really apreciate the help.....oh yeah and if anyone has any questions on the stuff I have for this setup just ask* Thanks everyone.

ReefNeck - Reefkeeper Registered User

Default Re: Lighting question?

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkAnGeLs7
    What kind of lighting should I use for a 40 gallon breeder tank? All that I would want to house in this tank would be a pair of clowns, a host anenome, and maybe a few mushrooms, and maybe some kind of goby to keep the sand stirred up...that's about it* Anyway I'm open to all suggestions and really apreciate the help.....oh yeah and if anyone has any questions on the stuff I have for this setup just ask* Thanks everyone.
    You would need at bare minimum, T5's and better yet, MH's. Anemones require alot of light. Clowns don't "NEED" an anemone. It is fun to watch though. If you pass on the anemone then even Dual NO's could work for you. Shrooms are not real demanding of lights like most Corals are.

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

I agree with Keri, you will want some good lighting for your anenome. t5's are your best bang for your buck!!! I would get the best lighting you can afford right now so youdo not have to upgrade further downt he road. if you do it right the first time it makes it soooo much easier
    ALSO......... WELCOME TO CAPTIVE REEFING!!!
    fulltankshot 1 - Lighting question?

Yeah I figured that I would need a good deal a lighting for an anenome but I wasn't sure how much. What does everyone think of the stuff below?Would one of those would be plenty since it's a very shallow tank "same height as a 20 long", or should I go with something else? Anyways thanks for the warm welcome, the only saltwater tank I've ever had was a f\o 75g with a lionfish, so when it comes to invert's lighting needs I'm completly lost***

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...m?pcatid=13922

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...fm?pcatid=7364

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...m?pcatid=12112

First Name
    Greg

I would go with the second one IMO that is good lighting for a small tank and should provide more than enough light for an anenome

Yeah I was leaning on that one as my favorite, now should I go with the 10k or 14k? Also, would that be enough lighting alone or will I need some actenics also?

First Name
    Greg

I would go witht he 14K and maybe some actinics

I think I will just bow out of this topic now. Getting tired of posting "I agree with Greg"! Because I do agree. I'll only respond if I disagree with something. lol

First Name
    Greg

your too funny Keri, I hope you dont dis agree with anything I say :D

Quote Originally Posted by graphixx22
    your too funny Keri, I hope you dont dis agree with anything I say :D
    Not yet! You always seem to give good advice and I soak in alot of it myself. Keep up the good work.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... Last