[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Results: What salt are you using

Voters
45. Register or Login to Vote
  • BrightWells

5 11.11%
  • Reef Crystals

29 64.44%
  • Red Sea Coral Pro

3 6.67%
  • D-D H2Ocean

1 2.22%
  • Tropic Marin

7 15.56%

Salts

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Rabidgoose - Reefkeeper Moderator

Awards Yugo Award Photo of the Month

RC for me, more available and pretty consistent numbers. I age my mixed SW and add magnesium. Plus I bought 8 buckets awhile back before the price hike.:D
    I simply can't trust people that don't like bacon,

Rook - Reefkeeper CR Member

Where do you buy it from? Premium Aquatics is like $25 shipping. Foster and Smith is high priced to begin with. I wonder if Preuss will ship; or I'll have to make the drive; they sell it for $65 ish, which is about the best price I've seen.

Rabidgoose - Reefkeeper Moderator

Awards Yugo Award Photo of the Month

Alas, the good prices are gone. I got it from the doctors with an old catalog code. It has been some time ago now. I believe the Trop has the best price on RC now.
    I simply can't trust people that don't like bacon,

i will be going with Reef Crystals

Fishgeek88 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Sam

I actually use regular instant ocean. I buy it because of the price and availability...never steered me wrong.

CR Member

I mostly don't like reef crystals because here's how it started... one guy goes i use reef crystals, and the other guy goes, that's cool, your tank rocks, I'll use reef crystals... and it is cheaper than most so people go hot damn and then it spreads... pretty soon you have everyone swears by it.... just how eggs are bad for you.... but wait. reef crystals has not been without its share of blemishes.... that nasty brown sludge when mixing it.... yeaaaa... is it gone.. who knows... does it surface from time to time? Probably.

Personally I did the research and went with the salt that had the stats I was looking for and the price came second. It is slightly more than reef crystals though not out of the park like tropic marin.... which I really want... but oh well.

All I gotta say about this is don't be a slave to others suggestions and advice, you gotta scrape your own knees and learn for yourself.

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by hardcz View Post
    I mostly don't like reef crystals because here's how it started... one guy goes i use reef crystals, and the other guy goes, that's cool, your tank rocks, I'll use reef crystals... and it is cheaper than most so people go hot damn and then it spreads... pretty soon you have everyone swears by it.... just how eggs are bad for you.... but wait. reef crystals has not been without its share of blemishes.... that nasty brown sludge when mixing it.... yeaaaa... is it gone.. who knows... does it surface from time to time? Probably.

Personally I did the research and went with the salt that had the stats I was looking for and the price came second. It is slightly more than reef crystals though not out of the park like tropic marin.... which I really want... but oh well.

All I gotta say about this is don't be a slave to others suggestions and advice, you gotta scrape your own knees and learn for yourself.
    Nice quote but sometimes its okay to save a little of your own skin by learning through others trials and tribulations.
    Thats why we all visit these forums on the regular anyway right?
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferRob View Post
    Nice quote but sometimes its okay to save a little of your own skin by learning through others trials and tribulations.
    Thats why we all visit these forums on the regular anyway right?
    heck no, I visit because I'm bored or are "working"

Part of making your own choice is to take in all knowledge possible, be it truth or fiction. Sort through it and then make an educated guess with what you feel is right. Otherwise why not just pay someone to come set it all up and tell you what to do....

And if anyone wants to pay me to do that, I am available with competitive rates :D

Mike - Reefkeeper CR Member

Using the Brightwell salt. I ahve a local source now for it so ordering it online is not a hassle. The fish docs in Ypsilanti are carrying the full line of BW products including the salt.
    anacroporamademepoora
    --Lifetime member of the "No Mud Club".:

Fishgeek88 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Using the Brightwell salt. I ahve a local source now for it so ordering it online is not a hassle. The fish docs in Ypsilanti are carrying the full line of BW products including the salt.
    Whats the general price of that stuff?

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last