[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Skimmers

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    cweber - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Skimmers

Hello everyone. Im researching which skimmer to buy for my 125 gallon, and was wondering if anyone had some input as to which one is "the best" or favored over another. Im leaning toward the coralife needle wheel skimmer for price and sounds like a good one. Ive also read a lot of people using the remora(i think that what its called). I own and know not to use the seaclown. Any input or experience with these or others, I would like to hear. Thanks.

I'm using the Coralife 125 skimmer on my 90g and have been very pleased with the performance. I also have an Aqua C Remora HOB skimmer on my 20g and have been happy with it as well. HTH.

Sparky - Reefkeeper CR Member

I have 2 coralife skimmers. They work very well for the price. If I had to buy another skimmer thats what I would go with again. If you do buy one I recommend getting some life guard silicone "o" ring lubercant to prevent leakes. I had a few problems with leaks after cleaning the skimmer. I haven't had a problem since using the silicone lube.

Cool, thanks! Anyone else?

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

I agree on the Coralife Super Skimmers. I have one on on my tank and and it works well. For the price you can't bet them. Check e-bay before buying from a distrubutor.

I think that will be the way to go then. I just didnt want to buy another cheap skimmer and end up with junk.

greg97527 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

coralife skimmers are great for the money. although the octo skimmers are incredible but a bit pricey
    It's all about the reef. :YEAH:

I am in the market and want to get a good skimmer....one that will be greater than money! Any one have no complaints about a make or model for an in sump and 55G.

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

I have a used euro reef, It needs a 90 degree elbow (from home depot, ans an impeller cover for the mag 7 it comes with). It is the euro reef ES5-3. Graphixx sold it to me and said it worked great on his 65, I have never used it.
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

i like my berlen turbo
    :: hummer :nemo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last