[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Stock List for 12gal Nano?

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Post Stock List for 12gal Nano?

I was wondering it anyone had any ideas for a stock list for one of those Nano-cube 12gal tanks. I'm about to get one here within the next few weeks so yeah... Any Ideas? Also, I was wondering if I could house an O. Clown in this tank; would this tank be too small?

Thanks for the help everyone.

Oh yes and I will try to get some pics up to record the progress since I haven't been able to for my other tanks.

No expert but I would say no problem withO.clown and maybe 1 more small fish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]55 gallon HOT Magnum 250 Emperor 400 HOT Excaliber skimmer current orbit 4x65 with moonlighting 3 Maxi-Jet 900 powerheads

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

for the other small fish ... i would suggest a six line wrasse or some sort of small goby.

Hmm, what about a pair of clowns? I just wonder because it seams a lot for 12gals.

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

in mine i have two black and white clowns and a blenny. it is alot i know but if you are very good about your water changes and watch the water levels it should be okay.

however on the nano cube be careful because sometimes the filters stop working, i have had that happen to mine, i think it just got plugged but it was making alot of noise and it had been doing that for a day, so just keep an eye on it.
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

how often do you do water changes? how much?

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

i take about a gallon out every two weeks. becuase the nano cube has such a tight fiting lid water can't evaporate like it would in a normal tank. so in a reagular tank when you top it off you are adding fresh water and all the other good stuff that everything needs everyday or so. in the cube the water pretty much stays there so it is even more important to do your water changes.

i also recomend macro for the nano cube. there is alot of light in there and the lights keep it pretty hot so by adding marco you are feeding it instied of the bad algae.
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

well thanks for the insight, it is well needed. you wouldn't happen to have any pics of your cube would you?

ohh yes and I was also going to ask if anyone knew anything about that little fission skimmer...is it any good?

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

i dont have a nano tank, but in another thread here ... they ALL say that skimmer sux.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last