[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

styrofoam covered with concrete

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member

Default styrofoam covered with concrete

I have on opportunity to buy a 110 gallen tank very reasonably but it has a background (rock formation) which is styrofoam covered with concrete. If the foam is covered, is there still a problem for breakdown for the tank? should i buy the tank or pass on it?

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Is the tank drilled? You can always take the wall out.
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldtanr12 View Post
    I have on opportunity to buy a 110 gallen tank very reasonably but it has a background (rock formation) which is styrofoam covered with concrete. If the foam is covered, is there still a problem for breakdown for the tank? should i buy the tank or pass on it?
    the tank is not drilled. The wall is really beautiful so i would like to retain it if it wont harm the inhabitants. I have been working with a small young reef environment with no background, So the larger tank would enable me to bring in some larger fish as well. I can purchase a plaine tank and start from the bottom up but this one is nice.

Wy Renegade - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Randy

If its sytro and rock, I doubt you could pull it out without breaking the glass. Being drained for a move shouldn't be a big issue unless you have it out of water for longer than a day or two. Most LR ships two day. You may have some die off depending on what the background is covered with, so may have a minicycle, but you'll probably have one of those because of the move anyway.
    I collect PEs, and I'm always looking to trade for ones I don't have yet.