[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

thinking LED???

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
    binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Default thinking LED???

Well I'm considering the LED option,I like working for the electric company but whoo!!! I don't like the bill of running four 250W MH.I'm leaning to getting the AI SOL units.Anyone out there useing these???At 529.00 a piece x 4 I sure would like some feed back befor I chunk out the cash. Tx

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by binford4000 View Post
    Well I'm considering the LED option,I like working for the electric company but whoo!!! I don't like the bill of running four 250W MH.I'm leaning to getting the AI SOL units.Anyone out there useing these???At 529.00 a piece x 4 I sure would like some feed back befor I chunk out the cash. Tx
    what are your tank dimensions? ever consider building your own?

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Thanks but no thanks.I work 80 hours a week.I want my free time to be fun time.Building anything after building power plant pipeing systems and metal fabricatons is not my idea of fun!! All thumbs up to the DIY people but I"m not even intrested in that aspect of the hobby anymore.I would be glad to pay someone to build it for me.I like the plug and play way !! Tanks 72 long x 22 wide

32mm32 - Reefkeeper CR Member

Im also thinking hard about the led route and the ai units where one brand i was looking at. I noticed you mentioned running 4 250s and where looking to replace those with 4 ai units. I was under the assumption that you needed 2 ai units for every 250 replaced (for the same spread)?

motorcityreefs - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    brandon

You know all u have to do is ask and I will help DIY it might take some time but I think we could do it just let me know.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Quote Originally Posted by motorcityreefs View Post
    You know all u have to do is ask and I will help DIY it might take some time but I think we could do it just let me know.
    I do appreciate it Brandon,but your scheaduale is as crazy as mine.You did an awsome job for sure but best to keep your family happy,give me a call tomorrow please LOL
    Last edited by binford4000; 04-10-2011 at 02:01 AM.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Quote Originally Posted by 32mm32 View Post
    Im also thinking hard about the led route and the ai units where one brand i was looking at. I noticed you mentioned running 4 250s and where looking to replace those with 4 ai units. I was under the assumption that you needed 2 ai units for every 250 replaced (for the same spread)?
    I have not heard that?? Hmm,that would be serious cash for sure.I was told they would do a 24x24 square.This is the kind of info I'm looking for sure.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Tank Recommendations : Support

http://www.aquaillumination.com/sol/performance.html

From what I'm seeing is they recomend only three for my 150 gal tank.The spread and par levels of a 36x36 square at those depths leads me to believe that one SOL will replace one 250w MHPlease correct me if I'm wrong.I'm only running three MH on the DT,the fourth is on the frag tank.I really like the idea of less energy and heat.They say it uses less then 80 watts,I understand the less watts but I think the 2.8 amps x 4 of power is what's makeing the bill scream
    Last edited by binford4000; 04-10-2011 at 02:03 AM.

32mm32 - Reefkeeper CR Member

This is interesting, i thought i read that from their main website ill dig around. Also i have seen these in person and can say that unless you mount them very high i dont see how they can claim the spread from that link. I would need 2 for my 24" cube, but that is so i have good spread for an sps tank.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Quote Originally Posted by 32mm32 View Post
    This is interesting, i thought i read that from their main website ill dig around. Also i have seen these in person and can say that unless you mount them very high i dont see how they can claim the spread from that link. I would need 2 for my 24" cube, but that is so i have good spread for an sps tank.
    those links are from AI.I found this on you tube today.It's a 24 x 18 x24 cube I think I'm sold!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last