[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

TRC drivers and a RKL

Bookmark and Share
    Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Default TRC drivers and a RKL

Hi Evil,

Can the TRC drivers (specifically the TRC-040S070DS) be run and dimmed using the Digital Aquatic ALC unit? You've probably already answered this somewhere already but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks,
    Tom

First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Two months and no reply. Not from the expert, not from anyone. What's up with that?

I didn't think it was that difficult a question. In fact, I thought/think I know the answer, but until I know for sure I will not be moving forward on a build (aka buying any TRC drivers).

Tom

nate_newton - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Tom@HaslettMI View Post
    Two months and no reply. Not from the expert, not from anyone. What's up with that?

I didn't think it was that difficult a question. In fact, I thought/think I know the answer, but until I know for sure I will not be moving forward on a build (aka buying any TRC drivers).

Tom
    I know he's active on nano-reef.com.

First Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by nate_newton View Post
    I know he's active on nano-reef.com.
    That may be true, but he has his own forum here on CR. So, I would hope that would mean he is active here too! Don't get me wrong, I understand that life is crazy and people are busy but the fact that later posts got answers irks me.

Bottom line: I found the answer by looking at the DA forum, and the answer is YES. In the process I found a retailer with excellent customer service.

Tom

First Name
    Nate

That may be true, but he has his own forum here on CR. So, I would hope that would mean he is active here too! Don't get me wrong, I understand that life is crazy and people are busy but the fact that later posts got answers irks me.

Bottom line: I found the answer by looking at the DA forum, and the answer is YES. In the process I found a retailer with excellent customer service.

Tom
    Yep agreed. I know nanocustoms is a sponsor here but as of today the site is blank. Looks like everything is at nanotuners now. Don't think they've made a sponsor post in awhile either. Surprising because they've had a lot of products come out.

evilc66 - Reefkeeper CR Member

Sorry I haven't been around much lately guys. I took a break from the forums for a while when I was looking for work after getting laid off from my day job (Nanocustoms isn't my full time work, sadly).

Tom, glad you got your answer. Sorry it wasn't me that was the one to help you out though. Hit me up if you have any more questions/queries though. I'll be around more often now

First Name
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by evilc66 View Post
    Sorry I haven't been around much lately guys. I took a break from the forums for a while when I was looking for work after getting laid off from my day job (Nanocustoms isn't my full time work, sadly).

Tom, glad you got your answer. Sorry it wasn't me that was the one to help you out though. Hit me up if you have any more questions/queries though. I'll be around more often now
    Hope you were able to find a job. I know in the spring NC was really backed up in assembly so you must have been doing your job in the forums.

First Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by evilc66 View Post

Good to have you back! I will echo Nate's well wishes in in the job hunt.

I'm currently in the "trying to get funds" stage of LED lighting. So far all I have are two heatsinks. You can track my sloooow build here.

Tom

evilc66 - Reefkeeper CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by nate_newton View Post
    Hope you were able to find a job. I know in the spring NC was really backed up in assembly so you must have been doing your job in the forums.
    Fortunately, I was only out of work for two months. I still had plenty to do while I was off though, so it didn't feel like I was off work lol. Nanocustoms is getting back on track, slowly but surely. Our backorder list has almost dissapeared, which is great. We still have a few fixtures to get out to our EXTREMELY patient customers, but that should happen soon, and we will start moving forward again. There will be some changes involved with the move forward, but it will be in everyones best interest.

Good to have you back! I will echo Nate's well wishes in in the job hunt.

I'm currently in the "trying to get funds" stage of LED lighting. So far all I have are two heatsinks. You can track my sloooow build here.

Tom
    Thanks. Looks like you are off to a good start on your build.