[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

VHO only

Bookmark and Share
    graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

Default VHO only

allright I need to know what you all think???? One of my halide bulbs went out in one of my frag tanks. Now I got another one coming but I will suspect that it will not be here for a few days. Do you guys think that the tank will be allright with just the VHO's running. Or should I run one of my MH lights from one of my other tanks at night. If I do decide to do that it is going to be such a pain in the a$$. I could take a drive and pick one up but I really do not think I am going to find the time in the next day or 2. Looking for some input. The tank that is out has everything from xenia, acan lords, digitata, millepora, monti, ricordia, zoo's.

what do you all think????
    thanks guys
    graphixx
    fulltankshot 1 - VHO only

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

How long of a delay are you looking at before the new bulb arrives? a couple three days will likely not hurt anything. The other route moving bulbs around will be a royal pain, not to mention burnt fingers. Add in the extra wear and tear on the bulb to be moved and the odds/risk of dropping it or something.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

First Name
    Greg

that is exactly what I was thinking, they shipped the bulb out today I assume I will be without the bulb for about 3 days possibly. I was just a little concerned I do not want any of the stock to die off. I am going to keep a pretty close eye on them. But they have been witht he vho's all day today and they seem fine.

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Can you just move the SPS to your other tank the rest will be ok
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

peregrinus - Reefkeeper Registered User

corals in nature don't have sunlight everyday. they get storms and clouds that block the sun for days at a time. they will be fine. my sunlight tank does not get sun every day and its doing great. afew days with out light i don't think will hurt anything.
    Quantum mechanics the dreams stuff is made of.

150 started 8/12/06
    57 gal started 8/12/08

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Look on the *bright* side, any microalgae or cyano that was under that lamp should disappate quickly. (bad pun i know)
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

First Name
    Greg

I know I am keeping and eye on that cause I have a lawn mower blenny in there.

Peregrinis, that is kind of what I was thinking........... I was on another forum and a guy on there has a zoo only tank and he had it set up that every 9 days it went without light. he did this for 5 months and he actually saw an increase in growth. Now I dont know how valid this is but it makes sense. I have an adjustable arm lamp that I use when I am fragging that I just kind of swung over the top just to get a little light in there. but I will keep an eye on it. if worse comes to worse I will just do some bulb swapping.

hey guys thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

graphixx