[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Want to Increase Flow ... Suggestions?

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    dberrong - Reefkeeper CR Member

Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Darren
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right." (Henry Ford)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
    I had a Koralia 1 here (bought it for one of my nanos but never got around to taking it out of the box), and I put it in the 90g around 11am. My pavona, pocillipora and millepora retracted immediately. I adjusted the flow so it went more over than at the corals, and it made no difference. I unplugged it after a couple of hours, and even four hours later they had not relaxed enough to open up.

<sigh> I know I need more flow because I have to regularly blow detritus off my plating monti (top/center of the tank). I simply(?) need to determine what is best for my corals and the limited space that they live in.
    You do have to give your corals some time to adjust to the new flow.
    Marc

Visit Melev's Reef

Thanks a lot everyone! I'm still making my final decision, and it may contain PHs on a wave-maker timer AND flow accelerators

Marc, I appreciate your comment... yes, I had neglected to allow time for the corals to adjust to the new flow. :o

I have a 20g tall and a 60g. The 20g has approx. 1000 gph running through it.
    The 60g has over 3000 gph and I still need more.

Your corals will be mad at you for a few days...then they will love you for it...
    My suggestion would be 4 Koralia 4's. 2 at each end.

Just a thought.

CR Member

What about the Tunze 6045 or 55 and putting them on a controller.

or.... these bad boys-

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...=0033396000000
    2.5 gal, Vortech mp10w es 4lb LR 1 Amphiprion ocellaris, 1 Sexy shrimp assort coral,

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Geez only $425 before shipping... what a bargain those VorTech's are..

Tracey I have a pair of Seio 1500's that will create some great flow for ya, if you point them straight up they could even help empty the tank for you too!

Quote Originally Posted by stevo4535 View Post
    What about the Tunze 6045 or 55 and putting them on a controller.

or.... these bad boys-

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...=0033396000000
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

iVgOnMaD - Reefkeeper CR Member

give the eductors a try before you buy anything more expensive, you might be in for a surprise
    60g Tank: 10g Fuge/Sump, Current Nova Extreme 4x54w T5HO + 4 LED, Wave2k, 2x Seio M620, Euro-Reef RS5-2 Skimmer, 130 lbs Live Rock, 3" Live Sand, LPS Corals, Zoa's, Saddle Anemone, Pulsating Xenia, GSP, Neon GSP, Purple Shrooms, Crocea Clam, Pair of Ocellaris Clowns, Yellow Tail Damsel, Coral Beauty Angel, Black Sailfin Blenny, Eel (Gymnothorax tile), Coral Banded Shrimp, Cleaner Shrimp, Sally Light Foot Crab.

iVgOnMaD - Reefkeeper CR Member

here is a better vid

[ame="http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t189/ivgonmad/Aquariums/Misc/?action=view&current=CIMG0702.flv"]Misc :: DIY Eductors video by ivgonmad - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid160.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid160.photobucket.com/albums/t189/ivgonmad/Aquariums/Misc/CIMG0702.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid160@@AMEPARAM@@160@@AME PARAM@@t189/ivgonmad/Aquariums/Misc/CIMG0702[/ame]

(thats my 90g tank)
    60g Tank: 10g Fuge/Sump, Current Nova Extreme 4x54w T5HO + 4 LED, Wave2k, 2x Seio M620, Euro-Reef RS5-2 Skimmer, 130 lbs Live Rock, 3" Live Sand, LPS Corals, Zoa's, Saddle Anemone, Pulsating Xenia, GSP, Neon GSP, Purple Shrooms, Crocea Clam, Pair of Ocellaris Clowns, Yellow Tail Damsel, Coral Beauty Angel, Black Sailfin Blenny, Eel (Gymnothorax tile), Coral Banded Shrimp, Cleaner Shrimp, Sally Light Foot Crab.

Quote Originally Posted by dakar View Post
    Geez only $425 before shipping... what a bargain those VorTech's are..
    They are so good that I have three on my reef, Dave.
    Marc

Visit Melev's Reef

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

hee hee I never commented on their ability or not, just the fact they aren't giving them away (especially to me) is disappointing Yours is the first non-solicited response I've read of them. Always plenty of 'sponsored' opinions to go around, taken with a bucket of salt mix there may be some truth in them (about this product and others).
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last