[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

What RODI unit do you use?

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Wow very nice setup!
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

AZDesertRat - Reefkeeper
    Subject Matter Expert
    Water Treatment

Spectrapure hands down.
    NO other vendor treats and hand tests their RO membranes to increase their performance then guarantees them. NO other vendor uses 0.5 or 0.2 micron absolute rated sediment filters to protect the more expensive 0.5 micron 20,000 gallon carbon block.
    NO other vendor custom blends every ounce of their reef specific DI resins in house based on thousands of hours of real world testing.
    Only 1 other major vendor (Buckeye Field Supply) uses the same much better capillary tube flow restrictors to fine tune the waste ratio.
    NO other vendor holds as many patents, copyrights and trade secrets or does as much research in the water treatment field.
    Only 1 other vendor has been in business as long, 25+ yerars. (AWI)

Take a look at their website and the technical support information, educational materials, owners manuals, and ideas available to the public and you will see a difference.

SpectraPure Water Purification Products

Sales flyer:
    Untitled Document

They als osponsor many of the reef forums we all enjoy. I believe in supporting a vendor who believes in and supports this hobby, look at old copies of FAMA Magazine, the yhave done so for decades and have survived nicely. That should say something about their reputation, integrity and quality.
    I have used alsmost exclusively Spectrapure for going on 9 years now and would never go back to the previous 3 systems I owned before that.

Its all about water quality and cost of ownership. You may find a system with a lower initial cost but I personally guarantee you, it will cost you more in time than my Spectrapure systems have. I'm on my third one, stepping up each time. First a 90 GPD MaxCap, then a dual membrane 180 GPD MaxCap, now a 100 GPD MaxCap UHE ultra low waste 1:1 microprocessor controlled system.

Ask the thousands who use them, thats not bad for a little company that probably employs less than a dozen people!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Filtersdirect hands down!! Great prices, fast shipping and great customer service!
    Spectrapures customer services sucks IMO I ordered some parts from them (at another reefers suggestion) and they sent the wrong ones-I contacted them 3 times and never heard back...wound up going to ACE hardware to get what I needed/wanted.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Well I ordered the spectrapure 90gpd RODI. It was only $140 shipped. Thanks for all the input!

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

You're going to like that for sure, Larry. I use spectrapure resin as recommended by AZ and will likely be buying their membrane and filters when mine need replacement. Find something air tight to store the resin in though.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    Filtersdirect hands down!! Great prices, fast shipping and great customer service!
    Spectrapures customer services sucks IMO I ordered some parts from them (at another reefers suggestion) and they sent the wrong ones-I contacted them 3 times and never heard back...wound up going to ACE hardware to get what I needed/wanted.
    BA ZINGA I also like filter direct.Had a spectrapure a while back and never really saw a long term cost saveing diffrence described above.I found filter direct to be a very informed and customer driven company that doesn't try to sell you over priced products.
    Last edited by binford4000; 01-06-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Team CR

First Name
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by binford4000 View Post
    BA ZINGA I also like filter direct.Had a spectrapure a while back and never really saw a long term cost saveing diffrence described above.I found filter direct to be a very informed and customer driven company that doesn't try to sell you over priced products.
    Filter direct. I think im going to check them out. I can always return the spectrapure!

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by larryandlaura View Post
    Filter direct. I think im going to check them out. I can always return the spectrapure!
    happy b day and shhh !! you shouldn't write that, I think AZ works for spectrapure LOL Just jokeing AZ

Fish Dad - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jim

Larry - what did you find at Spectrapure for $140? I'm not seeing anything under 199 with DI also

I still have to look at the other sites, BRS and Filterdirect.

What your opinions on having the TDS gauges built in? is it worth it or are you better off just testing your water?

Team CR

First Name
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Dad View Post
    Larry - what did you find at Spectrapure for $140? I'm not seeing anything under 199 with DI also

I still have to look at the other sites, BRS and Filterdirect.

What your opinions on having the TDS gauges built in? is it worth it or are you better off just testing your water?
    I called them direct and they routed me that price. I always used a TDS meter and tested my water. Having it built in sounds like less work!

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last