[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Where to buy a 240 glass aquarium

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Tom Toro - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tom

Default Where to buy a 240 glass aquarium

I'm replacing my 240 acrylic tank in the new year but don't know where to get one. I looked at Great Lakes, but they offer a 220 and 260. I need a 8'x2'x2' to fit into the hole I have in the wall, the stand and the plumbing already in place.

Anybody know where to get a basic 240g glass aquarium? No special glass or drilling needed.

Then, anybody know of a company that specializes in shipping aquariums and carrying them onto the stand?
    Thanks,
    Tom
    240g Great Lakes Glass! ETSS1400/panworld250,LED 120wX4 AJM, LED,2x sunbrite ,Tunzex4/,200gal sump/mixed reef/Biopellets. Hammerhead return. UV 57w. Chiller.

135g down and given to a buddy. New pic after the wall is repaired.

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Great Lakes Aquariums can and will build you a 8x2x2. They will just cut the glass down for you. And they deliver. Trust me they make a great tank. I've ordered four from Steve. If not try Fish Doctors they can order tanks. Good luck!
    Last edited by larryandlaura; 12-24-2011 at 07:18 AM.
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!
    Likes Sir Patrick liked this post

First Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by larryandlaura View Post
    Great Lakes Aquariums can and will bold you a 8x2x2. They will just cut the glass down for you. And they deliver. Trust me they make a great tank. I've ordered four from Steve. If not try Fish Doctors they can prefer tanks. Good luck!
    They deliver? Think they would put it on the stand for me too? That's my biggest dilemma. Getting the 340lb thing from my truck to the stand in the basement. It's a walkout so there's a doorwall and the stand is right there. I'll ask steve. That could be the final straw that makes me pull the trigger on this. I didn't know they'd deliver

Thanks for the info,
    Tom
    240g Great Lakes Glass! ETSS1400/panworld250,LED 120wX4 AJM, LED,2x sunbrite ,Tunzex4/,200gal sump/mixed reef/Biopellets. Hammerhead return. UV 57w. Chiller.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

I believe The Fish Doc can do all your looking for.I would give Tom or Luke a shout and have a good Holiday
    Likes Sir Patrick liked this post

First Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by binford4000 View Post
    I believe The Fish Doc can do all your looking for.I would give Tom or Luke a shout and have a good Holiday
    Yeah, I like that place. Always helped me out with a deal. Right now I'm talking to Steve at Great Lakes trying to get a solid quote including shipping and popping it on the stand. If it doesn't work out, I'll give Tom a call. Thanks Chuck.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Toro View Post
    Yeah, I like that place. Always helped me out with a deal. Right now I'm talking to Steve at Great Lakes trying to get a solid quote including shipping and popping it on the stand. If it doesn't work out, I'll give Tom a call. Thanks Chuck.
    After you get your quote......make sure to give the fish docs ypsi a call. They can/will meet, and usually beat, online or advertised pricing.

They are well known for customer services also- will be well worth the added intel after you get a price.

Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

When you get a second quote from Fish Doctors make sure the tank is euro braced like the Great Lakes Aquarium tanks. They are built to last with a great warranty.

First Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Patrick View Post
    After you get your quote......make sure to give the fish docs ypsi a call. They can/will meet, and usually beat, online or advertised pricing.

They are well known for customer services also- will be well worth the added intel after you get a price.
    I will definitely check them out. I'm a buyer by trade so I can't take the first quote, lol.

When I'm there I'll get their famous normal size cleaner shrimp at a good price. Something I never see around anymore.

When you get a second quote from Fish Doctors make sure the tank is euro braced like the Great Lakes Aquarium tanks. They are built to last with a great warranty.
    I did like the idea of a tempered 1" bottom since I'm not drilling anyway. And yeah, he was saying something about some major bracing on the top. I'm going to have to take a look at it though. It's one of the things I hated about my acrylic 240. Always had trouble getting good size pieces of LR in there, not to mention cleaning is a bear. Gets in the way of everything.

But I'll definitely compare apples to apples when checking prices. Only fair to everybody.

Team CR

First Name
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Toro View Post
    I will definitely check them out. I'm a buyer by trade so I can't take the first quote, lol.

When I'm there I'll get their famous normal size cleaner shrimp at a good price. Something I never see around anymore.

I did like the idea of a tempered 1" bottom since I'm not drilling anyway. And yeah, he was saying something about some major bracing on the top. I'm going to have to take a look at it though. It's one of the things I hated about my acrylic 240. Always had trouble getting good size pieces of LR in there, not to mention cleaning is a bear. Gets in the way of everything.
    The euro bracing is at the bottom so there is plenty of room for aqua scaling and getting large rocks in.

First Name
    Tom

The euro bracing is at the bottom so there is plenty of room for aqua scaling and getting large rocks in.
    That's great! So it just adds strength without giving me trouble in the open top? Perfect. Hopefully not too much bracing. I still need to trim it out so you can't see the frame from the other side of the wall. I really have to get a good look at it before I buy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last