[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Results: Would you be interested in participating?

Voters
10. Register or Login to Vote
  • Yes

9 90.00%
  • No

1 10.00%

Who would be interested in a nano/pico contest?

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last

Default Who would be interested in a nano/pico contest?

Dakar and I toyed with the idea of having a little contest for the heck of it here on CaptiveReefing.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#We were thinking of using a Minibow 5 because they're rather inexpensive and they wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to get going.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Iguessbefore
    we spend any more brain cells that we can't afford to losewewould need
    to know if anyone would be interested in playing along.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Later!#ed_op #br#ed_cl#Eric

shovelhead91701 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Shawn

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm all for it perpetual! Love free stuff and I am the luckiest man in America most of the time!#ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    The days are long and the work is difficult but every night I sleep as a man who has achieved his goals.

zoo-a-holic - Reefkeeper CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#what is the contest?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    120 Gallon Reef With Starfire Front, 2 overflows and 30 Gallon Sump. Mag 18 on the Return. Lit by Aqua Light Pro Deluxe. 2 250 Watt HQI Halides and 2 96 Watt PC Actinics all in one. ASM G-2 In-Sump Skimmer. 2.5 years in the making.

In a nutshell, we all start off with the same tank and a set of rules, and after a period of time we judge to see who has the nicest tank.
    120G Reef and 40B reef at work, 120G tank dry and dirty in the garage.

First Name
    Shawn

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What is on the thought process for me to win?#ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    The days are long and the work is difficult but every night I sleep as a man who has achieved his goals.

I think that for you to win you should send me a boatload of money. Then you're a shoe-in.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Just for beating me to the punch on looking to see who would be intersted I added a poll to the post :razz:

If the reponse looks like the last 20 mins or so this may be a definate go!
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Sorry for jumping the gun on you Dakar. I'm bored at work.
    Good idea on the poll, I should have thought of that. *smacks self in forehead*

First Name
    Shawn

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That wouldn't be unusual for me...... I usually spend 40-50 times more to win something than what I could have just went out and bought it for! lol Ever watch an addict stand in front of one of those claw machines to win a .20 cent stuffed animal for hours? I am THAT GUY! #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Well I think pennance will consist of helping to refine the rules for the build-off Though we have a great start on them from the info you provided earlier, since you're at work bored it'll give you something to think about. BTW I'm home sick with the flu... cough cough... waiting for late afternoon and it to cool off a bit to go sit in a tree.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last